Training camp questions #11: does Josh Gorges make this team?

dudacek

Based on skill set, he should not make this team.    But he makes $4mil and has is the most experienced defender, so he stays on as a bottom pairing guy and likely sees more time as injuries dictate.

But in the second half of the season his usage will decrease because, you know, saving him for the playoffs.

He will be in the top 6 on opening night.

Housley will want a veteran presence on the team to help him roll out his system.  As the system clicks, Josh's presence on the blue line will be less critical.

I agree, if everyone is healthy I think he's a bottom pair guy and Beaulieu is scratched. 

He will be in the top 6 on opening night.

Housley will want a veteran presence on the team to help him roll out his system.  As the system clicks, Josh's presence on the blue line will be less critical.

I can't see Josh being there, because where is he going to play? He'd have to beat out Beaulieu. Not gonna happen.

I agree that it will come down to Gorges vs Antipin for the last spot in the top 6.  Risto, Scandella, McCabe, Bogo and Beaulieu are all locks IMHO.

I do think though that Antipin will have to earn it, and that it's far from certain that he'll do so (although I sure hope he does).

I don't think it's Gorges v Antipin, because there is no way Gorges can beat out a guy who, aside from anything else, actually plays on the right side. Gorges can't. Gorges only chance is to find space on the left side. Barring a camp injury, I really can't see him making it into the opening 6.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.