2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Sure but some of these guys taken sound like they're very defensive defensemen.  I would think that would impact the numbers.  Do they have defensive analytical metrics for late round prospects playing overseas?

Defensive defensemen still produce in juniors and if they don't, they don't make it. 

If you are really that good defensively you are stripping the forward of the puck and getting it out of your zone either by skating or passing. That at the least should produce some offense for you. Considering the NHL attacks with 4 players (3 forwards then whichever defender is pinching) it is rare to have a true sit behind the play and just shut things down guy. 

Rakish picked the Islanders to be the team for his 2018 draft constest. Here were my picks if I were the islanders:

liger of Sabrespace
Wahlstrom/Dobson/Akil Thomas/Filip Hallander/Aiden Dudas/Milos Roman/Blade Jenkins/Matthew Struthers

Here's what Lou did:

Lou Lamoriello/New York Islanders

Walstrom/Dobson/Wilde/Iskhakov/Jakub Skarek/Pivonka/Blade Jenkins/Krygie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.