How Long Do Successful Rebuilds Take Anyway?

GASabresIUFAN

I've been thinking about it, and I have a theory.  Well, this theory, that I have, that is to say, which is mine,... is mine.

Ahh! My theory, that I have, follows the lines that I am about to relate.  This theory, which belongs to me, is as follows... This is how it goes... The next thing that I am about to say is my theory.  Ready?

My theory is along the following lines...

The Sabres have been in most of their games this year, most often well into the third period.  It's been frustrating because there are a lot of games the Sabres should have won, and yet they didn't.  In the end, they lost a LOT of standings points based on a stupid mistake or a bad bounce.  We say this team isn't talented, but really, it is.  It's not all put together yet, but it's talented.  With the addition of or two top-4 Dmen in the offseason, and the promotion of some of the offensive prospects, the Sabres will be *just a little bit* better, and just a little bit will be all it takes to push this team into the playoffs.  In short, my theory is that the Sabres are close.  Real close.  Next year they're in the playoffs.  Another year or two after that, and they will be making deep runs.

Anyway, that is my theory.  Which is mine.

I'm not sure you can say they have had a lot of games they should have won when they are giving up the most shots in the NHL, are the 2nd worst puck possession team in the NHL, and routinely look like they are a high school team chasing around a pro team in their own zone.  Their defense is atrocious.  They still leave players wide open in the slot and rarely cover the 3rd guy trailing into the zone.  Their Penalty Kill is abysmal.  They look like they have learned absolutely nothing about play in their own zone all season long and look like they have been regressing even from that piss poor standard the last 3 weeks.

This team is a dumpster fire that doesn't respect their coach and his style.  Bylsma needs to get canned, he has not made anyone better, he has made them worse. 

A rebuild takes time, patience and luck...as in Chicago getting Kane and Toews and Pitssburg Crosby, Malkin and Fleury. I do think we are better then we are giving this team credit and that the simple fact is that the rest of the NHL is all actually quite good now. I guess Colorado is pretty bad but they certainly have mor etalent then they have shown and Arizona can beat just about anybody on any given night. The Sabres, like a ton of other teams, are trying to rebuild but obviously it will take time. We keep saying GMTM should go out an get a stud d-man but the truth is EVERYBODY just about is chasing the few available one's so it just isn;t as easy as is sounds. But it is true that almost all nights we play with anybody, and certainly do not embarass ourselves like we use to do.  we do need to show a little patience although I am not a doctor and do not have patience...

I'm not sure you can say they have had a lot of games they should have won when they are giving up the most shots in the NHL, are the 2nd worst puck possession team in the NHL, and routinely look like they are a high school team chasing around a pro team in their own zone.  Their defense is atrocious.  They still leave players wide open in the slot and rarely cover the 3rd guy trailing into the zone.  Their Penalty Kill is abysmal.  They look like they have learned absolutely nothing about play in their own zone all season long and look like they have been regressing even from that piss poor standard the last 3 weeks.

This team is a dumpster fire that doesn't respect their coach and his style.  Bylsma needs to get canned, he has not made anyone better, he has made them worse.

Maybe HHDCRGDDB finally implemented the D scheme on the 9th and final whiteboard 3 weeks ago and the team is trying to learn it.

Maybe HHDCRGDDB finally implemented the D scheme on the 9th and final whiteboard 3 weeks ago and the team is trying to learn it.

Then we need Pu to hurry up and make the team so he can tutor these guys. Someone of Chinese descent may be our only hope of understanding his convoluted system.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.