Do you read Jerry Sullivan or Bucky Gleason?

Eleven

Do you read Jerry Sullivan or Bucky Gleason?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read Jerry Sullivan or Bucky Gleason?

• I read Jerry only
    • I read Bucky only
    • I read neither
    • I read both

There are posters here who I frequently disagree with who I enjoy reading because they force me to re-examine my point of view.

In my experience Sullivan and Gleason don't do that because in Sullivan's case he filters everything through a worldview that belittles and minimalizes the efforts of all he observes and panders to those who would rather whine and complain than understand. Gleason usually launches from a similar platform and comes across consistently as an intellectually hampered blowhard.

There are posters here who I frequently disagree with who I enjoy reading because they force me to re-examine my point of view.

In my experience Sullivan and Gleason don't do that because in Sullivan's case he filters everything through a worldview that belittles and minimalizes the efforts of all he observes and panders to those who would rather whine and complain than understand. Gleason usually launches from a similar platform and comes across consistently as an intellectually hampered blowhard.

Beautifully stated.

Remember the Congressman who shouted, "YOU LIE!" at Obama? I am shouting it.

Almost 80% of those responding read neither of them yet still hold very strong and specific opinions about how terrible they are? Interesting. (It's also implausible that so many die-hard sports fans wouldn't read any bit of material they can find on their teams, in a town with limited sports media.)

Oh, Mr. Trolly McTrollstrer, we've already explained to you multiple times how/ why that is so. You are either being intentionally daft, have potential need for medical treatment (definitely hope that isn't the case), or are trolling. Reagardless which of the 3 are the correct reason (again, hoping it isn't the 2nd, but the lack of reading comprehension from someone who clearly is a bright guy is disconcerting), there is no reason to reexplain what was explained last year.

Hmmm. I would read Milan Lucic's op-ed in The Times on the new travel ban. That's just me.

Wouldn't care about his views on politics, but could be interested in his views on hockey. It COULD be an interesting read. The guy that predicted the '90 Bills to be "the Bickering Bills" redux has proven far too often that his columns aren't interesting nor informative, but rather are annoying. If you don't find them annoying, read 'em to your heart's content in good health.

(Where's the clapping emoji when you need it? ;)) :beer:

Awesome post.

Oh, Mr. Trolly McTrollstrer, we've already explained to you multiple times how/ why that is so. You are either being intentionally daft, have potential need for medical treatment (definitely hope that isn't the case), or are trolling. Reagardless which of the 3 are the correct reason (again, hoping it isn't the 2nd, but the lack of reading comprehension from someone who clearly is a bright guy is disconcerting), there is no reason to reexplain what was explained last year.

Taking your instructions from Eleven now? Is your mind too feeble to come up with your own digs? 10:52 is a little too late in the evening though. Start right after work would be my advice, then it will kick in by 9 and you can hit the hay early. Best not to get too close to 11.

Taking your instructions from Eleven now? Is your mind too feeble to come up with your own digs? 10:52 is a little too late in the evening though. Start right after work would be my advice, then it will kick in by 9 and you can hit the hay early. Best not to get too close to 11.

What is your deal, though? You've slighted my judgement twice in the last 24 hours, despite admitting both times that you didn't have the information to judge the comparisons yourself. And you're forecasting that Jack will leave, which won't happen.

No idea where you are trying to go w/ this other than right under the bridge.

What is your deal, though? You've slighted my judgement twice in the last 24 hours, despite admitting both times that you didn't have the information to judge the comparisons yourself. And you're forecasting that Jack will leave, which won't happen.

Just once. About an opinion about a movie. I don't think it means I have a "deal." Are you on the "PA's off his meds" kick too?

You also accused me of wearing blue and yellow tinted glasses, despite not knowing who the Flyers/Islanders/Coyotes have.

Oh yeah. I forgot. I've been forgetting lots of things lately.

All sports fans wear those glasses. It's not really something you can be accused of. Fans overrate their own, especially the kids. Do you know how many times since 1975 I've heard about the group of talented youngsters that is going to lead the team to glory in three to five years?

Oh yeah. I forgot. I've been forgetting lots of things lately.

All sports fans wear those glasses. It's not really something you can be accused of. Fans overrate their own, especially the kids. Do you know how many times since 1975 I've heard about the group of talented youngsters that is going to lead the team to glory in three to five years?

I'm basing my observation on actual facts and you're refuting that based on decades of disappointment. Okay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.