2016 NHL Awards

Hoss

Just going to throw this up in case anybody is interested in hearing who wins what awards...

Calder: Artemi Panarin, Chicago

Eichel finished 4th behind Panarin, Gostisbehere and McDavid in that order. Eichel received two first-place votes. Sam Reinhart finished ninth with just two fifth-place votes. Eichel had 449 "points" in the voting system while third-place McDavid had 858 and fifth-place Dylan Larkin had 170.

Ted Lindsay (player-voted MVP): Patrick Kane

GM of the Year: Jim Rutherford, Pittsburgh

I may be wrong, but I believe this is the only award that is voted on after the postseason.

Bill Masterson (perserverence and dedication): Jaromir Jagr

This is one everybody assumed would go to Pascal Dupuis

Edited by Hoss

I typically complain about GM of the year being a stupid award becomes teams are built over seasons, not a single season. However, given the moves Rutherford made this season, I don't think that complaint is applicable this year.

Ghost Bear absolutely deserved the Calder over Panarin.

False.

All the money the NHL pays SAP for its crappy "enhanced" stats, and the first number they show for Brent Burns is his number of blocks. Fitting.

Jagr was a good choice for MasterTon--note the T--Dupuis would have been it had he truly been able to come back.

ROR would have been a better choice, so I could watch hockey twitter go supernova.

I typically complain about GM of the year being a stupid award becomes teams are built over seasons, not a single season. However, given the moves Rutherford made this season, I don't think that complaint is applicable this year.

False.

You'd score ten on Kane's wing.  And then there's the whole age thing, and yes, I know about the eligibility rules.  The Flyers don't get near the playoffs without Gostistbehere.  Same cannot be said of Hawks and Panarin.

Congrats Doughty on the Norris.   Not unreasonable.

I feel as strongly about this as you do about the Calder. It should have been Karlsson.

You'd score ten on Kane's wing.  And then there's the whole age thing, and yes, I know about the eligibility rules.  The Flyers don't get near the playoffs without Gostistbehere.  Same cannot be said of Hawks and Panarin.

Maybe if they allowed offsides and I could just camp out at the goal crease all game :lol:

I think there's a strong argument for Gostisbehere, I just don't think it's an automatic at all. Kane topped his career high in points by 18, and Panarin was a big part of that.

I liked Kesler for Selke, but cannot complain about Kopitar winning it.

This is more fun to watch than I thought it would be.

I feel as strongly about this as you do about the Calder. It should have been Karlsson.

Maybe if they allowed offsides and I could just camp out at the goal crease all game :lol:

I think there's a strong argument for Gostisbehere, I just don't think it's an automatic at all. Kane topped his career high in points by 18, and Panarin was a big part of that.

I'm ok on Karlsson.  All I said was "not unreasonable" for Doughty.

###### you on Panarin, though.  We're throwing down at the draft meetup.

Not sure OV should have won the Richard trophy, though.  

Edited by Eleven

I liked Kesler for Selke, but cannot complain about Kopitar winning it.

This is more fun to watch than I thought it would be.

I'm ok on Karlsson.  All I said was "not unreasonable" for Doughty.

###### you on Panarin, though.  We're throwing down at the draft meetup.

Not sure OV should have won the Richard trophy, though.  

Good, your long-standing mancrush on a dirty Flyer continues to be more disturbing than Pi's avatar.

Karlsson should have the Norris, and last I checked, Bergeron was on another level (or two or three) compared to Kopitar/Kesler/Toews this season...

On Bergeron:  Granted, I don't see many WC games, but Bergeron seemed much more of an offensive player than the other two this year. Plus Kopitar did wait out a few nominations.

Good, your long-standing mancrush on a dirty Flyer continues to be more disturbing than Pi's avatar.

He'll be a Sabre someday.

2 new notes:

1.  That band sucked.

2.  Jamie Benn looks ridiculous and may be a worse public speaker than Terry Pegula.

I don't like Barry Trotz because I like winners. He's not a winner. He wins, and then he loses. He's a loser; I like people who don't lose.

He pulled a President's Trophy out of that team, which had been losing in the first two rounds for years anyway.  

I'm going to start using Eleven "Ruff'ing a thread" like the rest of the internet uses "Godwinning a thread".

Ha!  Love it.

Was supposed to be a humorous slant on the Trump-McCain POW thing.

Even after just one, that's a stretch for me to get.

Ordering #2 right now.

Kane wins MVP, Benn shouldn't have had a chance, and maybe, just maybe, Crosby got screwed.

Show's over, and Will Arnett didn't perform a single magic trick illusion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.