Evander Kane's "Antics" in the latest Beyond Blue N Gold

LGR4GM

Talks about Kane and how he had a slow start, but was overall happy with him and thought he was one of the hardest working guys on the team for 2/3 of the year. Mentions his tardiness and how they had a long chat about it. Mentioned he needs to be a better team mate and often turns up 5 minutes before practice and laces up and goes out - no warm up or stretches - and he needs to appreciate others can't do that. Apparently some guys on the team were apprehensive about him before the season due to reputation. Interestingly it sounds like no one has issues with his on ice behaviour but he can be cold and closed off when not on the ice and he needs to work on that. Sounds like he doesn't really trust people or let the in.

38 posted this in the Carey Nelson thread (which is a misdemeanor offense).  I thought it was relevant here, and a great summary of GMTM's remarks on Kaner, so I'm quoting it here. 

It was pretty interesting hearing GMTM speak very frankly about Kaner.  GMTM clearly likes Evander's game, but he didn't pull any punches about areas for improvement.  It sounded to me like GMTM wants a bit more ROR/Drury dedication out of Kaner, and a bit more opening up to his teammates, in order to make Kaner more of a leader on the team.

38 posted this in the Carey Nelson thread (which is a misdemeanor offense).  I thought it was relevant here, and a great summary of GMTM's remarks on Kaner, so I'm quoting it here. 

It was pretty interesting hearing GMTM speak very frankly about Kaner.  GMTM clearly likes Evander's game, but he didn't pull any punches about areas for improvement.  It sounded to me like GMTM wants a bit more ROR/Drury dedication out of Kaner, and a bit more opening up to his teammates, in order to make Kaner more of a leader on the team.

I agree.

Those comments are part of this interview for those who want to listen

http://www.wgr550.com/Tim-Murray-on-Schopp-and-the-Bulldog/22622883

Not only interesting, but refreshing. It's good to know that, even though Kane has brought a lot of good to the table, Murray is holding him to a high standard and employs constructive criticism when needed. It tells me he likes the player Kane is, but isn't married to the idea of Kane being here long term without question. He expects continued improvement, and if that happens, he'd likely give Kane another contract. If not, I have no doubt that Murray would do what he needs to do to maximize the asset.

Not only interesting, but refreshing. It's good to know that, even though Kane has brought a lot of good to the table, Murray is holding him to a high standard and employs constructive criticism when needed. It tells me he likes the player Kane is, but isn't married to the idea of Kane being here long term without question. He expects continued improvement, and if that happens, he'd likely give Kane another contract. If not, I have no doubt that Murray would do what he needs to do to maximize the asset.

Nice read. GMTM seems to be made of the right stuff.

Good post. I agree with all of this.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.