OT - Promotion Available

inkman

What do you do?

I work in the packaging and shipping department at the Goya factory in Angola. A family friend owns the factory so I was hired on as a favor when I was hard up for work a few years ago at the bottom of the ladder. After they realized that I'm one of the few people there with any kind of critical thinking skills or ambition I moved up pretty quickly. It's not a job I want forever, or even right now, but like I said, it gives me the time to do the things I want to do with good pay. At 26 I can work a job I dislike for a while, I have plenty of time. And realistically I'll probably be there a while after my girlfriend moves here because she won't be able to work for a while until she gets citizenship.

I work in the packaging and shipping department at the Goya factory in Angola. A family friend owns the factory so I was hired on as a favor when I was hard up for work a few years ago at the bottom of the ladder. After they realized that I'm one of the few people there with any kind of critical thinking skills or ambition I moved up pretty quickly. It's not a job I want forever, or even right now, but like I said, it gives me the time to do the things I want to do with good pay. At 26 I can work a job I dislike for a while, I have plenty of time. And realistically I'll probably be there a while after my girlfriend moves here because she won't be able to work for a while until she gets citizenship.

I believe if you sponsor your girlfriend she should be able to get her *green card* pretty quickly and be able to work long before she becomes a citizen. I also recommend that she not give up her Canadian citizenship as both countries now recognize dual citizenships.

I believe if you sponsor your girlfriend she should be able to get her *green card* pretty quickly and be able to work long before she becomes a citizen. I also recommend that she not give up her Canadian citizenship as both countries now recognize dual citizenships.

Yea we've been doing our research. There are a ton of options so we're trying to figure the best one out for our situation, but it's such a headache.

• 8 months later...

If she's as naive (being nice here) as made out, she probably won't feel the stress. Though her tenure likely will be short. So bright side, if you do end up regretting your decision, you may get another bite at this apple. ;)

After 6 months on the job she rescinded the position. Her replacement, a peer I respect, left in less than a month. Somethings broke here and they don't care to fix it.

Was that meeting with your boss that you told us about a few weeks ago just a bunch of bullsh!t platitudes?

Yeah I just got back from a 2 week vacation and it was like I never left.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.