Overwhelming guilt

Neo's legacy 61

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they're still not winning as much as they want or we want, but when you look at the post-game remarks after tough back-to-back losses against the Bruins, you can just see the attitude is so much better than the last two years:

Robin Lehner:

I felt good. I thought it was one of the [most] fun games played. It was a battle between two good teams. We showed that we can be up there and compete against a good team like Boston. They played good, we played good.

Samson Reinhart:

It's a little bit frustrating coming up that short in both contests. It was a quick turn around against these guys again. It's not an easy team to play against, let alone, two times. We were right there until the end, and unfortunately we weren't able to find a way to win.

Everything starts with good defensive plays. It creates so much room for everyone on the ice. In a tight game like that, it's pretty easy to convince yourself to kind of get back there.

Those are not the words of a dog that's been kicked when it's down.  They're the words of a team that's leaning how to win, and win the right way.  There's an acceptance of responsibility, but not in a sense that they feel a punishment is coming; but more in the sense that they're eager to get back up and try it again, knowing that with each iteration, they will improve.

I'm especially impressed with Lehner.  If he'd have been healthy the whole season, I think the Sabres would be in the playoff hunt.  As it is, he obviously has something to prove between now and the end of the season.  I don't get the sense that he's worried about his position.  He's ready to backstop this team into the playoffs.  The fact that he was out so long with an injury and came onto the scene with the Sabres so low in the standings is unfortunate, but he seems determined to salvage what he can, not just personally, but for the team.  The fire in his eyes

photo-1361.jpg?_r=1454815529

bodes well.  He's clearly a different animal than Ryan Miller.  I'm ready for some Patrick Roy/Ron Hextall/Ed Belfour/Gerry Cheevers goaltending.... a goalie with crazy eyes.  A goalie who will fight to the finish.  I also look forward to the time when he and Linus Ullmark are pushing each other for playing time.  In another year or two, this team is gonna be good.  Scary good.  So don't be overwhelmed by guilt.  This crappy-ass couple of years, and all the rooting against your own team, will soon prove to be worth all the self-inflicted misery.

Edited by The Big Johnson

I was watching the pre-game last week for the Sabres vs the Habs on TSN and they we're talking about the Habs had a great chance to break out of their slump because they we're playing the lowly Buffalo Sabres.....I started getting pissed hearing that garbage.....I was like we are gonna beat these Hab bastards and then we did.......It felt good to feel that way again, the Tank is done and I am glad.

Edited by DR HOLLIDAY

I was watching the pre-game last week for the Sabres vs the Habs on TSN and they we're talking about the Habs had a great chance to break out of their slump because they we're playing the lowly Buffalo Sabres.....I started getting pissed hearing that garbage.....I was like we are gonna beat these Hab bastards and then we did.......It felt good to feel that way again, the Tank is done and I am glad.

The media here in Canada is exceptionally biased towards Canadian teams, even when the feeds are supposed to be unbiased. It wasn't even TSN Habs or something like that, it was just TSN. It would be like watching an NBC game where a Canadian team was playing and American team, and the announcers ripped the Canadian team the whole game for now reason. It's kinda ridiculous.

Edited by Thorny

I for one will fight to my last dying post this attempt to propagate a Neo dynasty here. Believe me, there will be more Neos to come. This is what they do. One comes and gets established, sends some Internet money back home. Then another comes. Then we're all saying "grateful" and "insight" and it's not SabreSpace anymore. We need to close new registrations to this site!!!!!

As I said I'm not on this site nearly as often as I'd like, so I missed this post. Literally laughed out loud  :lol: I'll try to keep the Neo in me to a minimum.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.