Penalty shot or power play?

7+6=13

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather the Sabrs get a Penalty shot or power play?

• Penalty shot
    • Power play

Seeing Kane get swiped and go down for a penalty shot got me thinking.  Would you all rather a penalty shot or a power play?  I know of course it would depend on which player is taking the penalty shot - but in general terms which would you rather have?

Edited by 7+6=13

Seeing Kane get swiped and go down for a penalty shot got me thinking.  Would you all rather a penalty shot or a power play?  I know of course it would depend on which player is taking the penalty shot - but in general terms which would you rather have?

These may be old-school numbers, but I'm pretty sure a good PP hits 20%, while a PS is successful more like 30%

Penalty shot. Borrowing Dudacek's analysis and pairing it with the rare and unique Mano a Mano drama, penalty shot carries the day for me.

I'd change my vote in a game where we had a one goal lead with under five minutes to play. In that case, the incremental probability of scoring advantage of the PS is overwhelmed by the PP's ability to score or eat clock. Could I coach?

Edited by N'eo

I voted penalty shot, but I think a lot depends on the situation. The takedown of Kane last night warranted it, as does anyone who's taken down on a breakaway.

The difference between a PS and a PP is how the goalie handles it. With a PS, the goalie has nothing between him and the shooter and can just play that. On a PP, there are chances for deflections, rebounds, etc. that could make it more difficult for a goalie. The "risk" involved is if your PP is struggling, then you could give up a shorty or even give momentum to the opponent if they kill it off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.