WildCard

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Sabres Calder?

• Samson Reinhart
    • Jack Eichel
    • Linus Ullmark
    • Jake McCabe

nhl.com article on Reinhart and Eichel, includes interview with DD

Eichel had two assists during a seven-game stretch from Dec. 7-19 and wasn't happy about it. He admitted it was tough for him personally, but said he would also learn from the experience.

"I did love to see the accountability in Jack and how he played, but I also took some time to talk to him; he was playing better than maybe he was making it out to be," Bylsma said. "He thinks he can contribute and wants to contribute in a lot of ways, and I like that about him. I like that about his drive. He's settled in to not being so hard on himself and found what he can do to be effective for our team."

Eichel has made his own adjustments to become that effective player. Bylsma hasn't had to change his game at all.

"I don't think [bylsma] wants to change my game and I don't think I would want him to do that," Eichel said. "He helps me in different aspects and areas and has given me advice on things, but I don't think his intention would be to change my game because my game is what has gotten me to this point, gotten me to become the player I am."

Eichel is more comfortable in his game now than in September and thinks he'll be even more confident in another month. He has great respect for Reinhart, who he feels is probably going through the same things, because he can do so much in so many different ways.

"Where will Jack and Sam be four years from now? That's a good question," Bylsma told NHL.com. "I think you can't quite look at them and say they're grown men and they're the best that they're going to be right now. They're playing a grown man's game and being effective at it, and I look forward to the future. I think they are both going to get better and it's going to be fun to watch."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=799566&navid=nhl:topheads

Edited by WildCard

Eichel sits 1 goal behind Panarin for the rookie lead, and 1 ahead of Larkin. Jack sits 1 point above Larkin, and 12 behind Panarin. Honestly, the rookie scoring race, for me, is really between Eichel and Larkin. 

Same. Panarin will almost assuredly finish first, don't think anyone has a realistic chance of catching him. Unless he is demoted off of Kane's line for some reason, and I don't see that happening.

Over 85% of his ice time is with Kane, so that .53 is a very small sample size. It's obvious that he's benefitting from Kane's monster season, though, while Girgensons has been far and away Jack's best linemate (and only for about 8 games or so)

Yea, the small amount of time they've spent apart almost stopped me from posting it. But at the end of the day, I didn't think there would be much fuss over the idea that Kane was a substantial influence on Panarin's production.

More Jack stuff http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/01/27/at-the-break-eichel-living-up-to-the-hype/

At their current paces, Eichel and Sam Reinhart would be the first pair of Sabres rookies with 30-point seasons since Thomas Vanek (48) and Jason Pominville (30) in 2005-06. They also are on pace to become the first pair of 20-goal Buffalo rookies since Danny Gare (31) and Peter McNab (22) in the Sabres’ 1974-75 Stanley Cup final season.

Assuming he finishes with more than 50 points, Eichel will be the first Sabres rookie to hit that mark since Derek Plante in 1994 and the second-youngest in franchise history to Hall of Famer Phil Housley, who had 66 points as an 18-year-old in 1982-83.

Eichel seems to ride the momentum of a game and it carries into his 200-foot game. In Buffalo’s 20 wins, he has a plus-9 rating. In the Sabres’ 30 losses (26 in regulation), he has a stark minus-20 rating even though he has just two fewer points (16 in losses, 18 in wins).

The biggest lesson Eichel has learned to date?

“You’re not going to have it 82 times a year, so just know that and don’t get frustrated at yourself,” he said. “I think that’s what I’ve tried to do.”

Edited by WildCard

And if you're really bored like I am, here are all of Jack's goals this season. It's interesting to see his progression. And I know we have gripes about him, some for good reason, but looking at these goals in a highlight reel (they're not, just imagine), I mean, holy hell. It's impressive

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8478403

And if you're really bored like I am, here are all of Jack's goals this season. It's interesting to see his progression. And I know we have gripes about him, some for good reason, but looking at these goals in a highlight reel (they're not, just imagine), I mean, holy hell. It's impressive

I've actually got a thing going, where I'm documenting all of his goals/awesome plays, with links and whatever is on my mind at the time, as he does things. I hope it winds up reading like a book when I'm done, a book that I'll want to read over and over once Jack has retired with 4 cups during his career (all with the Sabres, of course.)

I've actually got a thing going, where I'm documenting all of his goals/awesome plays, with links and whatever is on my mind at the time, as he does things. I hope it winds up reading like a book when I'm done, a book that I'll want to read over and over once Jack has retired with 4 cups during his career (all with the Sabres, of course.)

Any chance you're familiar with video editing, or want to be?

This makes it clear how bad Yeichel is too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.