Script for DirecTV recording of all Sabres games?

eball

Hey all --

A number of years ago somebody came up with what I think was a boolean script for DirecTV subscribers to make sure every Sabres game was recorded whether it was on MSG, Center Ice, NHLN, NBCSN, or NBC.

Does anyone recall this, and more importantly, does anyone have it to post?

I'll admit I haven't sat down in front of my DVR to see if the enhanced search options now available make such a script unnecessary, but I will do that tonight.

Thanks!

I don't have your answer, but this is where I weep for TiVo. I could say record all programs "Buffalo Sabres" and it never missed anything. That was like 10 years ago. My stupid Fios box still can't do that. I presume because of a patent. :censored:

I'm new to direct TV, but the center ice package doesn't have the same built in feature that the NFL ticket does that allowed me to mark the Bills as my favorite team?  Or would that still wind up missing the NBC and NHL network games?

On my receiver there is a way to mark the Bills, Sabres etc as my favorite team. NO idea how well it works but it's in smart search and then sports and recording something allows you to set as your team. Or something like that.

On my receiver there is a way to mark the Bills, Sabres etc as my favorite team. NO idea how well it works but it's in smart search and then sports and recording something allows you to set as your team. Or something like that.

All the Bills games have recorded automatically for me so far.  I don't know what happens if they play on ESPN or NBC though.

I've had the issue of DirecTV searching and finding programming with "Buffalo Sabres" in the title or description, but the err of recording the opponent's broadcast (and not recording the home broadcast).

Channel 638 is the Sabres broadcast. Always.

I believe that this may be the thread that you were thinking of:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21550-auto-recording-the-sabres-on-directv/?hl=cchan

Fantastic -- thank you!

Also -- I did find a way to mark the Sabres as a "favorite" as noted above but it's anybody's guess if all the games will get recorded.  I may try that way on one of my DVRs and the smart search script on another, to see which works most reliably.

Fantastic -- thank you!

Also -- I did find a way to mark the Sabres as a "favorite" as noted above but it's anybody's guess if all the games will get recorded. I may try that way on one of my DVRs and the smart search script on another, to see which works most reliably.

I haven't changed the settings on my DVR in 4 years. The way in the link works great. Never miss a game.

Quick update for those interested -- I don't think you'll be happy trying to mark the Sabres as a "favorite" and then relying upon the DVR to find the games...I checked my "to do" list of recordings last night and while the first couple of regular season games were on there, it was going to record the other teams' feeds.

The search method linked earlier definitely seems like the way to go to ensure the MSG feed (for those games not on nationally).

635-1 for HD to be exact.

All of the 635 channels are HD.

I'm still confused by the fact that you can setup some kind of fancy search to record these games.  I can't even find the channel I'm looking for half the time yet, let alone pull off something like this.

Shrader, it's easy...just type the search "AALL SABRES CCHANS 635" in the "smart search" section and record the series, and you'll get all of the MSG games recorded (in HD).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.