1. 1. Favorite Sabres Jerseys, Pick three

• 1970-96 Home "Classic" White
    • 1970-96 Away "Classic" Blue
    • 1996-06 Home "Goat" White
    • 2000-06 Alternate "Red Crossing Sabres"
    • Winter Classic Jersey
    • 2011 Alternate 40th Anniversary

Was it mass produced like that?

"Mass produced" would be the wrong phrase. A company would have had the jersey contract for that year and made the run of jerseys for the team. I know you and I have discussed all the different crest variations before, since basically a new company would make the crests each time a new run of jerseys were made and they were almost never the same year to year. 

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Buffalo.htm

"Mass produced" would be the wrong phrase. A company would have had the jersey contract for that year and made the run of jerseys for the team. I know you and I have discussed all the different crest variations before, since basically a new company would make the crests each time a new run of jerseys were made and they were almost never the same year to year. 

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Buffalo.htm

The Dale McCourt from 82-83 looks like some kid made it in third grade arts and crafts. Had to laugh at one flaw in Al Smith's jersey — several burns on the back. Yep, they all smoked.

I guess what I was driving at was whether Callaway's jersey was game-worn. Not sure why I didn't just ask that.

The Dale McCourt from 82-83 looks like some kid made it in third grade arts and crafts. Had to laugh at one flaw in Al Smith's jersey — several burns on the back. Yep, they all smoked.

I guess what I was driving at was whether Callaway's jersey was game-worn. Not sure why I didn't just ask that.

Ah got ya. No, I doubt his would be. It looks like a Mitchell and Ness reproduction. 

A game worn with the laces would have been by Rawlings. They didn't come with those thin arm numbers until much later too. 

874740a8a36e5025.jpg

I'm a big fan of the crest on this one from 74-75  :blush:

e27494ddf066e3c6.jpg