Nikita Zadorov: In mother Russia defense plays you

LGR4GM

I couldn't find the video but last night on one of the leaf goals Zadorov did something I have started to witness him do often.  He left his defensive coverage to pursue a player to the other side of the ice even though his defense partner was there.  The rest was his man slotted in behind him and scored and easy goal.

I mention this because there have now been several games where Zadorov moves himself out of position in order to overpursue the puck.  Has anyone else noticed this and is it something he can fix or will he forever be untrusting of his teammates and making mistakes in an effort to try and do to much?

He does over pursue at times. Could be a lack of trust in his partner. Maybe his mind is on his little girlfriend. When I was that age that sort of thing crept into my head at the most awkward moments :blush:  Any player that young really could use a year in the AHL IMO. I posted in another thread that an older vet like Bagnall would be a pairing for a kid like him that needs a little polishing. They're so young what are they missing out on? At the very least it shows a guy where he could end up if he doesn't take things seriously enough. Don't squander your youth on foolishness. I learned that one the hard way.

I also think that Zadorov should be an AHLer next season, but I fear he would throw a tantrum and force his way out of Buffalo or the NHL altogether.

Zadorov will be fine once some roster moves make him a permanent defender. If there's one thing I hold against Nolan this season it's his use of Zadorov, but it may have been warranted. They couldn't just hand him a spot this year. It'll probably be his next year but they had to go through the process.

Zadorov will be fine once some roster moves make him a permanent defender. If there's one thing I hold against Nolan this season it's his use of Zadorov, but it may have been warranted. They couldn't just hand him a spot this year. It'll probably be his next year but they had to go through the process.

I saw you mention in another thread about earning minutes, but if anybody didn't earn minutes it was Zadorov. Quite the opposite actually. I'm pretty much fine with whatever route they take on Zadorov in camp next year. I just want to see clear and decisive direction.

I saw you mention in another thread about earning minutes, but if anybody didn't earn minutes it was Zadorov. Quite the opposite actually. I'm pretty much fine with whatever route they take on Zadorov in camp next year. I just want to see clear and decisive direction.

I won't argue that. I do think he was set to to fail though. His contract situation made sure of that.

ZADOROV WILL BE FINE once some roster moves make him a permanent defender. If there's one thing I hold against Nolan this season it's his use of Zadorov, but it may have been warranted. They couldn't just hand him a spot this year. It'll probably be his next year but they had to go through the process.

Fixed that for you. 

(Err -- FIXED THAT FOR YOU.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.