LeBronapalooza - Indecision 2014

inkman

I'll agree with you on Houston and Detroit, but Boston's big 3 (pre-KG injury), the Lakers and the Bulls (assuming healthy Drose) definitely stack up. Maybe not the Bulls, because that team is never healthy, but if they were in tact when it mattered...Rose/Noah/Deng were always hurt at some point.

Even if I concede this, LeBron never overcame any of these teams.

25 straight points against the Pistons ring a bell? He overcame all three of those teams.

I guess we're talking different criteria. I'm talking winning and playoffs and championships.

'09 was post-dynasty pistons. They had traded away a bunch of cogs for a 34 year old who was never the 'answer'.

The Boston wins are certainly a feather in his cap. But they were post knee injury Garnett.

He never had to face the most recent great Lakers teams.

edit: '07 pistons win is also a jewel in James' crown.

I guess we're talking different criteria. I'm talking winning and playoffs and championships.

'09 was post-dynasty pistons. They had traded away a bunch of cogs for a 34 year old who was never the 'answer'.

The Boston wins are certainly a feather in his cap. But they were post knee injury Garnett.

He never had to face the most recent great Lakers teams.

edit: '07 pistons win is also a jewel in James' crown.

To be fair MJ never played Hakeem (the second best player of his time) or Robinson in the playoffs, either.

Even if I concede this, LeBron never overcame any of these teams.

Well, the best teams don't always make the Finals because of matchups (like how Orlando beat Cleveland, but Cleveland probably would have put up a better fight in the Finals).

Also, to your previous post, I forgot to say that losing to the Spurs this year was very predictable once it became clear that Wade's body had quit on him. If the Heat had triumphed, we'd be talking about LeBron giving the greatest individual performance in the history of the league--because that's the only way it was happening without Wade. I'll concede the Mavs point though--I have no idea to this day how the Heat lost that series.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

http://www.tsn.ca/ba...eBron&id=457388

Alright, so the Canadian teams would likely stomp us. But as far as American teams go, we might fare pretty well. Although I'd suspect Minnesota and Boston (given most of New England) would be tough to beat.

F: Patrick Kane, Ryan Callahan and Dustin Brown

D: Brooks Orpik & ????

G: Jimmy Howard

There's some discussion of this in the Tyler Ennis thread (since he was the center for Edmonton in the article).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.