#44 overall - Eric Cornel

LGR4GM

What is good.....is being able to respect, support, truly believe in, and discuss honestly said object.

If your 11 year old daughter is in a softball league and she has improved over the past year......and her team is coming off a 4-22 season, yet the champions of the league from a few years ago fell from 22-4 to 17-9......you don't fire Russian semi-automatics into the air in celebration.....you focus on what you need to do and encourage her that the other team can be beat, but everyone needs to work 100% all of the time.

Odds are your daughter's team will be 10-16 and the rival will be 18-8 this year.

I understand what you are saying but the other point of view is that you are getting riled up about fans being fans.

What is good.....is being able to respect, support, truly believe in, and discuss honestly said object.

If your 11 year old daughter is in a softball league and she has improved over the past year......and her team is coming off a 4-22 season, yet the champions of the league from a few years ago fell from 22-4 to 17-9......you don't fire Russian semi-automatics into the air in celebration.....you focus on what you need to do and encourage her that the other team can be beat, but everyone needs to work 100% all of the time.

Odds are your daughter's team will be 10-16 and the rival will be 18-8 this year. 

I get the analogy, and generally agree with the middle paragraph.

But the Bruins fell to 13-13, not 17-9, then lost their clean-up hitter, best young pitcher, starting 2nd baseman and two best utility players. They went out and added some potential power hitters to the lineup, but on paper they look worse than last year.

10-16 is a good bet for the daughter's team, but 18-8 for the champs looks like a stretch to me.

Edited by dudacek

I get the analogy, and generally agree with the middle paragraph.

But the Bruins fell to 13-13, not 17-9, then lost their clean-up hitter, best young pitcher, starting 2nd baseman and two best utility players. They went out and added some potential power hitters to the lineup, but on paper they look worse than last year.

10-16 is a good bet for the daughter's team, but 18-8 for the champs looks like a stretch to me.

and their catcher got pregnant!  Plus they traded melissa's best bat for a draft pick!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.