Sabres fans living outside of Buffalo area

gkozlows

subscribing to Center Ice?? I have Direct TV and I know I can get a sports channel package for like $12 per month. I used to get Empire that way. However, that was before Center Ice. I'm wondering if i just got that package would Sabres games be blacked-out??

So Albany must be in the Sabres' "local area"? You wouldn't think so. Where do they draw the line, and why can't someone put a map or something online? Certainly this guy in Cali isn't going to get the Sabres on MSG!

PA, the MSG website shows which regions of their territory get which games and when. IIRC, Albany is a quasi Sabres quasi Rangers market. You would think Erie and some other areas of Pennsyltucky would be Sabres territory, but with FSN Pittsburgh it becomes a gray area (or a black and gold area, whatever).

i get nothing up here in southern ontario.... pisses the heck out of me... im soo close yet i have to wait till they play the leafs or get a national game... its really killing the canadian sabre fan market. Center Ice is the only way to do it.

Out here on the left coast (LA area), you can't get any games without CentreIce. I remember we used to be able to get some games on Empire (wish it would come back), but since then if you don't get CentreIce then you got nothing.

Radio-wise, it's Sirius (at least for this year) and XM next 10 years. I have Sirius so I'll need to get XM for next year. At work, I listen through the computer through WGR and NHL.com

even if you have the "sports package" and technically get the channels that NHL games are broadcast on, they become blacked out on those channels and are only available on the CenterIce channels. Unless you are in the local area, like for me I don't get the Pittsburgh games on the CenterIce channels but I get them on the Fox Sports Pittsburgh channel because I am 35 miles from Pittsburgh.

PA, the MSG website shows which regions of their territory get which games and when. IIRC, Albany is a quasi Sabres quasi Rangers market. You would think Erie and some other areas of Pennsyltucky would be Sabres territory, but with FSN Pittsburgh it becomes a gray area (or a black and gold area, whatever).

Are the Rats still the Devils' farm team? It's been about 9 years since I lived in that area. Albany is such a crossroads... It really is no man's land as far as sports.

subscribing to Center Ice?? I have Direct TV and I know I can get a sports channel package for like $12 per month. I used to get Empire that way. However, that was before Center Ice. I'm wondering if i just got that package would Sabres games be blacked-out??

GK - sounds like you have your answer, but just to add another testimonial, I live in NJ and the Sabre games do not come through on MSG. I have to get NHL Center Ice, but it is worth the money (well, not according to my wife).

I love having all of the Sabre games, but additionally, there is nothing better then coming home late and catching a West Coast game, especially games between Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver - awesome hockey atmosphere!

Archived