Euro 2012 Champion  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Euro 2012

• Spain
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Croatia
    • Other

I agree. I don't like the move to goal review.

FIFA is paying lip service to the fact that they want to have a county from North America host the WC soon. Last time was USA in 1994.

I will call it now ... I see Spain winning the gold medal in London. How's that for going out on a limb.

Maybe I should edit the thread title and keep it going to discuss all things football (real football ... :P ).

Anyone have any thoughts concerning that?

I LOVE the goal review. It's about freaking time.

North America should host a World Cup again soon, but when there are only three countries on the continent that are even close to capable of hosting, and one of those three can't put a soccer team together, it gets tricky. (I'd love to see Canada host one, but it would be more than a bit unfair to see Canada get an automatic qualification.) Mexico and USA have hosted more recently than most other countries, so FIFA won't like that. I don't think the smaller countries could band together and pull one off, either.

Re: Olympics, does anyone really care about Olympic soccer?

I LOVE the goal review. It's about freaking time.

North America should host a World Cup again soon, but when there are only three countries on the continent that are even close to capable of hosting, and one of those three can't put a soccer team together, it gets tricky. (I'd love to see Canada host one, but it would be more than a bit unfair to see Canada get an automatic qualification.) Mexico and USA have hosted more recently than most other countries, so FIFA won't like that. I don't think the smaller countries could band together and pull one off, either.

Re: Olympics, does anyone really care about Olympic soccer?

And which country might that be. Canada has an excellent soccer program and has a good chance to qualify for Brazil 2014.

Many host countries would not qualify for major tournaments if not for the automatic bid. I agree that the smaller central american countries could not really pull of hosting the WC, even if they set up as co-hosts.

Re: Olympics ... Yes, most soccer nations really care about the gold medal. It's not as important as the WC, but it is up there.

=====

Since the Euro thread seems to have run it's course and the discussion has drifted in other directions, I will close it and start a new thread dedicated to all things about the beautiful game.

Should anyone want to post something specifically about Euro 2012 PM me and I will open this thread for you.

Archived