Some thoughts for a Monday morning....

Sabre fan

1) Sure is darn cold out there for a March morning

2) The Leafs fire Wilson, then hire retread Boudreau as if that'll really help

3) The Leafs have been playing way over their heads, and getting great years from everybody

4) The Sabres do not fire Lindy, even though they were playing worse then the Leafs were

5) The Sabres are now playing up to expectations...they have been under-achieving and playing

way below their capabilities earlier

6) As much as I was glad when Darcy drafted Kassian, Lucic would, or will destroy him in any fight.

Lets face it, everybody is looking for a equalizer to Lucic, but no-one has that. Kassian could very easily turn-out like Patrice Cormier, who was highly regarded and played like a animal in the OHL.

He has done very little at the NHL level, where it isn't as easy to run around crushing everybody. I

do think Cody Hogson will be a very good player for many years to come.

7) Getting a first rounder for Goose was absolutely awesome. Anybody still whining about moving

him should get over it. Five or six years at 3-mil per for Goose is absurd...

8) What a great time for Miller, Leino, Boyes et al to wake up...

9) As long as we avoid Boston in the first round, we definately have a chance to win at least one round in the playoffs, if we get there...

10) Lastly, will we make the playoffs??? The Vanek line waking-up would sure help. I think we can as long as we continue to get production from everybody...

11) Sure hope we beat the Jets tonight, who were the Thrashers, who, for whatever reason, always did give the Sabres a tough time, even when we were real good...

3) The Leafs have been playing way over their heads, and getting great years from everybody

I laughed when Rob Ray said that he wasn't surprised by the Leafs' performance because (and I'm paraphrasing) "when you rely on Clarke MacArthur to be a difference maker ... no offense to Clarke, but ..."

Sorry I meant Randy Carlyle...and yes, counting on Clarke is a little far fetched. Anyways, will the Sabres make the playoffs? Or do we want them to miss, so maybe we'll see sme real changes?

I think the consensus at this point is that even if they miss the playoffs nothing will change, so we might as well hope they make it.

Have to say I thought we would win in 'Peg...but never imagined the only goal by Tropp and the fourth line. This team hasn't got a chance with virtually no production from the so-called "top" lines. On a brighter note, tomorrow is supposed to be really warm...BRING IT ON!!!

6) As much as I was glad when Darcy drafted Kassian, Lucic would, or will destroy him in any fight. Lets face it, everybody is looking for a equalizer to Lucic, but no-one has that.

I have a hard time believing that anyone prepares a game-plan for Lucic.

Fact is, Vancouver made the trade solely with Lucic, and the Bruins in mind. They are convinced they need to match the B's muscle if they are to beat them in the finals. Let's face it, the Sabres and us fans would love to see somebody kick Lucic's, or any Bruin's butts, but Kassian was not the one to do it. As I have said, no one has an answer for Lucic or Chara. But Vancouver is definately trying to do something to mtach-up against the B's...

Fact is, Vancouver made the trade solely with Lucic, and the Bruins in mind. They are convinced they need to match the B's muscle if they are to beat them in the finals. Let's face it, the Sabres and us fans would love to see somebody kick Lucic's, or any Bruin's butts, but Kassian was not the one to do it. As I have said, no one has an answer for Lucic or Chara. But Vancouver is definately trying to do something to mtach-up against the B's...

I can't remember who it was but they said you don't need to match what the previous SC champions did. The Wings are probably the most successful team in the last 20 years and they've always done it with smart management and skill. Just because the Bruins muscled their way doesn't mean thats Vancouvers only option. IMHO.

Archived