Today in Sabres and NHL History

That Aud Smell

vogl or maybe harrington just tweeted a reminder that it was 30 years ago today. i remember watching it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-gbyXwnAA

just listen to our hockey fans.

You guys probably won't believe this, but I did a shot with Gretzky & Semenko at Mulligans on Hertel that night after the game for my b-day. Don't have any Polaroid proof, but I was with about 10 UB grad students that night who'll back me up. We both did B-52s and I had to buy ...

You guys probably won't believe this, but I did a shot with Gretzky & Semenko at Mulligans on Hertel that night after the game for my b-day. Don't have any Polaroid proof, but I was with about 10 UB grad students that night who'll back me up. We both did B-52s and I had to buy ...

i absolutely believe you. but that's just a teaser for what i imagine to be a fantastic story. still, the passage of time and the haze imposed by alcohol may impede the telling of it.

I'm guessing Roy's reputation as a bit of a d-bag played into that one.

roy could've cared less -- he had all those stanley cup rings stuck in his ears, so he couldn't hear the jeers.

I wish someone would upload the full game highlights to youtube that show Bert's hat trick early in that game. Danny Gare has said it was the best game he ever saw him play.

I don't remember where I read it, but I remember someone wrote of that game that Perreault played as if to say "You may get the record tonight, but it's still my house."

vogl or maybe harrington just tweeted a reminder that it was 30 years ago today. i remember watching it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-gbyXwnAA

just listen to our hockey fans.

I, too, was at that game. I can't believe it was 30 years ago. For those with better memories than me, I'll ask for a memory check. Did he tie the record the game before with Bob Sauve in net?

Archived