Since The New Uni Is Always A Fun Topic...

CallawaySabres

One of my friends works over at New Era Cap and said they were given instructions to stop manufacturing all materials with the red and black design. They are awaiting the new design by the Sabres and were told that it would be unveiled sometime after the final Stanley Cup game. No links or pictures and probably not even anything you did not know already BUT it is nice to know that it is underway

I'm hoping it will look something like the logo of my avatar. Just take the old logo and make it slightly more modern.

The color scheme is definitely going to be dark navy and gold.

If the new logo will be a revamp of the old logo, I hope that they copy the Edmonton Oilers and put the entire logo at center ice like the Oilers do. That looks sweet.

I'm hoping it will look something like the logo of my avatar. Just take the old logo and make it slightly more modern.

If the new logo will be a revamp of the old logo, I hope that they copy the Edmonton Oilers and put the entire logo at center ice like the Oilers do. That looks sweet.

I'd like to see the old logo with the colors of your avatar. Although I wouldn't complain too much if they used your avatar.

I like your avatar and would be fine with it, but I like the avatar Lord Stanley has better. It is a mix of the old and the new. JMHO.

I just hope they stop teasing the fans. How long has it been since the Sabres skated out in the old unies on the last day of the season? I want to say it was April 2003 -- almost three years ago.

For me, it's either the exact old colors and the exact logo or keep what we have. A "modernized" version of the logo or color scheme would just be a slap in the face to the older fans (see our current third jersey). And would someone please remind the Sabres that a sabre is a long, pointed weapon used to pierce something, preferably Mr. Chara left testicle? We're not hacking rope or dense jungle vegetation here! We're not fricken pirates! We're swashbuckling Frenchmen!

I just hope they stop teasing the fans. How long has it been since the Sabres skated out in the old unies on the last day of the season? I want to say it was April 2003 -- almost three years ago.

For me, it's either the exact old colors and the exact logo or keep what we have. A "modernized" version of the logo or color scheme would just be a slap in the face to the older fans (see our current third jersey). And would someone please remind the Sabres that a sabre is a long, pointed weapon used to pierce something, preferably Mr. Chara left testicle? We're not hacking rope or dense jungle vegetation here! We're not fricken pirates! We're swashbuckling Frenchmen!

TOUCHE'

Bring back the PEPSI CAP!!! That's REAL old time hockey! Guy, Guy, Guy Trottier scores again...and Villemure with the save!

PTR

PTR - I was thinking the same thing after reading that "this day" in Sabres history reflects on clearing the track for Eddie the Entertainer and playing the KC Scouts! I attended a few Bisons games as a kid and have a "pepsi cap" shirt. I remember being disappointed that Guy Trottier wouldn't play for the "new" Buffalo hockey team in 1970.

PTR - I was thinking the same thing after reading that "this day" in Sabres history reflects on clearing the track for Eddie the Entertainer and playing the KC Scouts! I attended a few Bisons games as a kid and have a "pepsi cap" shirt. I remember being disappointed that Guy Trottier wouldn't play for the "new" Buffalo hockey team in 1970.

Had to look that one up.

Guy Trottier

1969, the last year of the Bisons, is when I got into the game. I thought it was great that the Bisons ended their existance as Calder Cup champs, and Trottier set the AHL single-season goal scoring record with 55. I too was disappointed that Trottier, and goalie Giles Villamure would not become Sabres. Villamure wound up having a few decent years with the Rangers after '69.

PTR

1969, the last year of the Bisons, is when I got into the game. I thought it was great that the Bisons ended their existance as Calder Cup champs, and Trottier set the AHL single-season goal scoring record with 55. I too was disappointed that Trottier, and goalie Giles Villamure would not become Sabres. Villamure wound up having a few decent years with the Rangers after '69.

PTR

If I recall correctly, and it's not worth looking up, Villamure was Eddie Giacomin's backup for a few years in the early 70's.

Where did the Norsemen play?

The Buffalo Norsemen played in the North American Hockey League in the 1975-76 season. They played their home games at The Aud. I think they only lasted one season, possibly two. I know it was 75-76 because they were a response to the Sabres Cup Final run and the overwhelming demand for tickets which could not be met by the NHL.

Archived