Automatically Recording Sabres Games on DirecTV

wallybarthman

Getting tired of setting the DVR on DirecTV? Here's what you can do:

•  
  • Hit Menu on your remote and select Smart Search. Then enter the following:
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • Then hit your red button to do a smart search.
  • If you've got an HD-DVR at the next window select "High-Definition" and then "All"
  • Select Autorecord

I add an hour to each recording so I pick up the end of the game and the post-game show all in one recording.

You can do a similar search for Versus (AALL SABRES CCHAN 603) and your local NBC channel (AALL SABRES CCHAN 11 in my case).

If you're out of market you need to add two more. One for NHL network (ALL SABRES CCHAN 215) and your local RSN for when the Sabres play in your market (AALL SABRES CCHAN 659) in my case.

I also do an auto record for the Pregame (AALL PREGAME CCHAN 638). Unfortunately the pre game show isn't tagged as being in high definition so it'll record it both on 638 and 638-1 but that's not a big deal.

•  
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • If you've got an HD-DVR at the next window select "High-Definition" and then "All"
  • Select Autorecord

I add an hour to each recording so I pick up the end of the game and the post-game show all in one recording.

You can do a similar search for Versus (AALL SABRES CCHAN 603) and your local NBC channel (AALL SABRES CCHAN 11 in my case).

If you're out of market you need to add two more. One for NHL network (ALL SABRES CCHAN 215) and your local RSN for when the Sabres play in your market (AALL SABRES CCHAN 659) in my case.

I also do an auto record for the Pregame (AALL PREGAME CCHAN 638). Unfortunately the pre game show isn't tagged as being in high definition so it'll record it both on 638 and 638-1 but that's not a big deal.

Thanks Wally, but I don't think that will work for us Center Ice subscribers. Problem is the Sabres feed appears on a different channel for every game. Would be nice though ...

Thanks Wally, but I don't think that will work for us Center Ice subscribers. Problem is the Sabres feed appears on a different channel for every game. Would be nice though ...

If you have DTV, and the CI package, AND the RSN package, then this will work perfectly.I think the RSN package is like $10/month..well worth it during hockey season in my view with pre and post games now

If you have DTV, and the CI package, AND the RSN package, then this will work perfectly.I think the RSN package is like $10/month..well worth it during hockey season in my view with pre and post games now

I live in Florida so maybe not ...

You don't need the RSN package for this. The Sabres are always on 638 as well as one of the CI channels. DTV always activates both channels during the game for CI subscribers.

Call DTV and bitch about not being respected by them ask for the free RSN package. they will give it to you.

Why? I still get all home & away games with the RJ & Harry HD feed. what will I gain with RSN? Pre & Post game? no big whoop missing that. Roby's tired old sayings & musings .... no thanks

You don't need the RSN package for this. The Sabres are always on 638 as well as one of the CI channels. DTV always activates both channels during the game for CI subscribers.

I don't think that's true down here in Florida - I think 638 is blacked out when the Sabres are on CI.

•  
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • Select Autorecord

YOU DA MAN!!! thank you...

•  
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • Select Autorecord

Most excellent, Sir. Thank you!!

I don't think that's true down here in Florida - I think 638 is blacked out when the Sabres are on CI.

Same here in Indianapolis. DTV was terrible. I switched over to cable, Bright House, and the HD is ten times better! Trouble is that not every game is shown in HD...sucks.

•  
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • Select Autorecord

Worked like a charm.. Thanks again... Makes you wonder how many other cheats are out there.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP! Isn't there a way to "pin" this thread? I just got my DirecTV HD-DVR (had SD DVR before) and LOVE IT!!! Even went to the trouble of finding a good, old-fashioned SPDIF coax audio cable to connect to my sound system.

Now I finally understand the magic of this thread. Thanks again!!!

- Doogie

P.S. For those who remember me, I got back from Iraq about a year ago, and am now stationed in southern AZ. Twenty-two years of active military service and counting! Woo-hoo! Let's go, Buffalo!!!

Archived