Ticket and parking questions for Amerks games

LabattBlue

1. Can you buy Amerks tickets at the FNC in order to avoid the ridiculous service charge associated with buying tickets online?

2. What is the most convenient place to park(doesn't have to be the cheapest)? Will be heading back to Buffalo after any game I go to.

Thanks!

I don't know about purchasing tickets at the F'NC, but when I go to Amerks games, I usually park in the lot that is directly across from the arena on Court and Exchange, or the Bausch and Lomb garage on the NE corner of Court and South. It all depends on how early you get there.

If you arrive early enough, there is tons of street parking. Either on one of the 2 bridges near the rink or down broad street past the court house and public safety building by Nathianel's pub. I sometimes go to Nathianel's pub prior to games for a few drinks and wings, and just leave my car there. If you don't mind paying, there is a few parking garages in the area. There is one near the library, and another one across the street from the rink, which had a underground passage way to BCA.

As for buying tickets in FNC, i dont know for sure but i'd def say no because BCA has a deal with ticketmaster while FNC is with tickets.com. But, ticketmaster has outlets in Buffalo, at each Walmart (Electronics Department) and Shea's performance arts center. So maybe you can go there to buy tickets and get them at a cheaper rate.

It can be difficult to find street parking on weeknight games, even if you get there early. On weekends, you have better odds. Generally, your best bets are to fork over the cash and use the parking garage right across from the arena on Exchange Blvd, or the open air lot on the corner of Court and Exchange.

You can purchase tix right at the BCA box office with no extra fees.

A lot of players traditionally hang out and have drinks at Nathaniels after games. Also, Dinosaur BBQ is on Court St, and for some reason is popular for eats. Both Nathaniels and Dino are walking distance from BCA, less than 5 mins.

The Garage everyone is referring to is under the Monroe County Justice Center. It is by far the easiest lot. You enter the lot from Fitzhugh Street off of Broad. Lots of signs once you get downtown. If you don't make it to Rochester often, park there, walk across the court street bridge. Gorge yourself on BBQ at the Dinosaur, Enjoy the game, and return to the garage directly from the arena through the tunnel under Exchange Blvd. You will need to arrive early (I would suggest 5pm) if you want Dinosaur on a weekend night.

I prefer to park in the Bausch and Lomb garage on the corner of Court and South. I just think it's more convenient for leaving the game. You make a right out of the garage and a quick left and you are on the 490W headed back to Buffalo. I know there has recently been construction down there so I don't know how traffic will be flowing.

If you do want to go to Dino BBQ though I would say you get there by 4 on a game night if you can. Even if you get in and eat early you can always hang at the bar.

I'm curious how Rochester has responded to the Amerks since Pegula had taken over? Has there been a home game yet? How was attendance? How are season ticket sales?

Ii lived there in the early 80s and went to many games with a full arena. But I also know that Rochester can be a tough place to get people off their couches.

PTR

I'm curious how Rochester has responded to the Amerks since Pegula had taken over? Has there been a home game yet? How was attendance? How are season ticket sales?

Ii lived there in the early 80s and went to many games with a full arena. But I also know that Rochester can be a tough place to get people off their couches.

PTR

I think this Thursday is their first home game. I work with a lot of people that were season ticket holders until the ties were cut between them and the sabres. Most of those people are season ticket holders again. I'm also interested to see how things go. Hopefully can get to a game soon. I'm hungry for some live hockey!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111010/SPORTS/111010025/Brisk-ticket-sales-Amerks-home-opener-RIT-homecoming-game?odyssey=tab

The internet is a wonderful thing...3K seats remain for the Amerks opener. Also good to see so much support for RIT. 7K seats sold for their game Saturday.

PTR

there's always at least 500 - 1,000 people that buy their tickets the day of or at the door. I cannot wait for the game Saturday!

Good to see that a good majority of the seats are sold for the Amerks too tho!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111010/SPORTS/111010025/Brisk-ticket-sales-Amerks-home-opener-RIT-homecoming-game?odyssey=tab

The internet is a wonderful thing...3K seats remain for the Amerks opener. Also good to see so much support for RIT. 7K seats sold for their game Saturday.

PTR

Make that 8000 as of lunch time.

I'll be at both games this week. Looking forward to a real crowd at BCA for the Amerks.

Make that 8000 as of lunch time.

I'll be at both games this week. Looking forward to a real crowd at BCA for the Amerks.

I am thinking that it will sell out at the doors. I dont think most games will be like that, but if they play well, Rochesterians will become motivated, and as the season goes on more and more games will sell out, particularly weekend games.

I will be at both Amerks and Sabres openers - very excited!

Archived