Buffalo Sabres 2011-12 Preview

26CornerBlitz

I think where people are underestimating Leinos impact is on the production of his linemates. If he is paired with Stafford and Ennis as he is early in camp this could be an explosive combination. I realize this is an early experiment with lines but this one really intrigues me. I hope they leave them together for a couple of games in preseason. He worked great with Briere and Ennis is much like Briere in his greasiness and ability to dangle. Staff is due for a huge year and reportedly showed up in the best shape of his career more determined than ever.

they have the sabres pegged as a 5th place team. hmm. not sure how i feel about that. i guess that in order to do better than 3rd, they'd have to take the division, which i don't see as impossible ... IF they get a good shot out of the gate. they spent the entire season struggling to regain footing after a sloppy october-december. guess we'll see what happen. if they can get a good start to the season, i see them easily battling with boston for division title.

So many people have something to prove on this team, should be a really interesting season.

Edit: Excellent caveat at the end. We depend on a competent Regier more than ever now as he has money, let's make sure we still maximise the great system we have rather than keep getting guys like Boyes, who might not work out so well. (Note, I think Boyes could still turn it around this year, if he really applies himself)

I think that fifth place is a fair assessment. We may come close to unseating Boston for the Division, but I don't think so.

I believe it will take a bit of time for this team to gel, with the addition of three major players. That may take until December (let's hope it's sooner), but I'm looking for good things in the second half of the season...and possibly a big trade in 2012 once they have reassessed their assets and needs.

I think that fifth place is a fair assessment. We may come close to unseating Boston for the Division, but I don't think so.

I believe it will take a bit of time for this team to gel, with the addition of three major players. That may take until December (let's hope it's sooner), but I'm looking for good things in the second half of the season...and possibly a big trade in 2012 once they have reassessed their assets and needs.

I'm not ready to annoint Boston. Sure they had a good year. Sure they won it all. But they also road a Vezina year on Thomas. I for one do not believe he will repeat that.

I'm not ready to annoint Boston. Sure they had a good year. Sure they won it all. But they also road a Vezina year on Thomas. I for one do not believe he will repeat that.

:blink:

Ummmm... they had a helluva year in 08-09 off the back of an incredible year by Thomas too so really, last season was a repeat, or more accurately, incremental improvement of them riding a Vezina year by Thomas. They are a very strong team. If Buffalo finishes ahead of them it will be a heck of a year.

:blink:

Ummmm... they had a helluva year in 08-09 off the back of an incredible year by Thomas too so really, last season was a repeat, or more accurately, incremental improvement of them riding a Vezina year by Thomas. They are a very strong team. If Buffalo finishes ahead of them it will be a heck of a year.

I stand by my assessment. Boston will be good, but Buffalo will be better..

Archived