Ads on Uniforms...Even Practice Ones

frisky

Haven't seen anyone talking about this. Soon they'll start looking like Euro teams. So ugly. They'll look like racecar drivers. I don't think any of the other major NA sports leagues do this. Hope this doesn't catch on especially the Sabres.

Maples Leafs Practice Jersey with Purolator

Flyers Practice Jersey with Toyota Label

It's going to happen at some point, and I think it will happen in the NHL before any of the other "big four" sports.

Go back in time when the boards were all white. Now they have ads all around. You got used to them. If they wear a patch or two on their unis, to get extra income,sobeit. Better than getting that extra from our pockets.

I can't understand why these companies would want to advertise on practice jerseys. No one will ever see them.

I think Holliday alluded to it; it's about conditioning the league and its teams to having ads on sweaters. It is going to happen; it's just a matter of when.

Haven't seen anyone talking about this. Soon they'll start looking like Euro teams. So ugly. They'll look like racecar drivers. I don't think any of the other major NA sports leagues do this. Hope this doesn't catch on especially the Sabres.

Maples Leafs Practice Jersey with Purolator

Flyers Practice Jersey with Toyota Label

The Patriots wore a Gillette ad on their practice jerseys during traing camp.

Archived