Stamkos anyone?

Tishka39

Not saying Pegula or Regier could or will pull it off, but what do you guys think it would take to pick up Stamkos from Tampa? I was thinking if we send Roy, Ennis, Sekera, Morrisonn, and Psyk that might do it. Tampa would get 4 NHL ready players, a good 2nd line center in Roy, a potential gem winger in Ennis, a young offensive D-man some think is starting to come into his own, a decent stay at home defender, and a high draft pick d-prospect. We would get the 1st line center we have been looking for, plus we wouldn't pick up to much more salary, and we would ease up the log jam we have down in Portland I mean Rochester when it comes to our young d-prospects. Our 1st line would be Vanek, Stamkos, Stafford, 2nd- Hecht, Leino, Pominville, 3rd- Gerbe, Adam, Kassian, 4th- McCormick, Gaustad, Kaleta, D1- Myers, Regehr, D2- Ehrhoff, McNabb, D3- Leopold, Weber, and Fill-in with Grangani. We would have have size, toughness, grit, and offense on every line. We would have to demote or trade some salary like Kotalik and Boyes to get under the salary cap, but I think this is a team that would be atop contender for along time. Here is to many Stanley Cups for Buffalo in the near future.

Pittsburgh proved this year that you can be a very good team without individual star players in the lineup. I would say you are giving up WAY too much for Stamkos. Not saying he isn't a worthy star player, but I'm not real big on putting all your eggs in one basket. You do that, Stamkos goes down, and you are screwed.

How about 2 first rounders for the next two years, Roy and any of our d prospects in Rochester except MAG. I think that could do it for both sides. And our centers would be Stamkos, Leino, Gaustad, and Adam or Hecht or Boyes. I think that would work especially if when they sign Stamkos to another cap friendly numbers job.

Pittsburgh proved this year that you can be a very good team without individual star players in the lineup. I would say you are giving up WAY too much for Stamkos. Not saying he isn't a worthy star player, but I'm not real big on putting all your eggs in one basket. You do that, Stamkos goes down, and you are screwed.

To be fair, Pitt went out first round. Having said that, I'm actually ok with the look of the team right now. I'd love to upgrade at center but not if it means giving up half our team.

I think after being out for most of the year last season we have gotten caught up in Vanek and Stafford we have forgotten Roy is still one of the best players on the team! I think Terry Pegula should wait and see if Roy does well this season and if he does we will keep him but if he doesn't then we can consider trading him. For right now we should wait and see.

I think after being out for most of the year last season we have gotten caught up in Vanek and Stafford we have forgotten Roy is still one of the best players on the team! I think Terry Pegula should wait and see if Roy does well this season and if he does we will keep him but if he doesn't then we can consider trading him. For right now we should wait and see.

Roy is not a top line center; even when healthy, following a stay at a Holiday Inn Express, and a full bowl of Wheaties for breakfast. I love our 3 acquisitions, but I am disappointed the brass could not pull in a top line center. I would give up quite a bit for Stamkos if he were signed to a long term deal. Get it done!

Go Sabres!

Why would a team one game from the Cup final - one goal from the final, in fact - trade Stamkos for a bunch of little parts? Why take on crap like Morrisonn just to do a favor for a team that is chasing them? It makes no sense. I understand they lost a lot of money last season, but if they are in penny-pinching mode they are not going to take on a lot of salary in the deal, which is exactly what the Sabres would need them to do. Plus it would make WAY more sense to deal old guys like Lecavalier and ohlund ... and if they are going to trade anyone for draft picks because they can't pay all the big names, why would they want picks that are probably going to be pretty low in the first round once you add Stamkos to the Sabres?

I love the "anything is now possible" attitude, but you can't apply it to the other teams also. Unless Tyler Myers is going the other way, similar to the rumored Doughty-for-Stamkos possibility, it's just not happening from Tampa's end.

Not saying Pegula or Regier could or will pull it off, but what do you guys think it would take to pick up Stamkos from Tampa? I was thinking if we send Roy, Ennis, Sekera, Morrisonn, and Psyk that might do it. Tampa would get 4 NHL ready players, a good 2nd line center in Roy, a potential gem winger in Ennis, a young offensive D-man some think is starting to come into his own, a decent stay at home defender, and a high draft pick d-prospect. We would get the 1st line center we have been looking for, plus we wouldn't pick up to much more salary, and we would ease up the log jam we have down in Portland I mean Rochester when it comes to our young d-prospects. Our 1st line would be Vanek, Stamkos, Stafford, 2nd- Hecht, Leino, Pominville, 3rd- Gerbe, Adam, Kassian, 4th- McCormick, Gaustad, Kaleta, D1- Myers, Regehr, D2- Ehrhoff, McNabb, D3- Leopold, Weber, and Fill-in with Grangani. We would have have size, toughness, grit, and offense on every line. We would have to demote or trade some salary like Kotalik and Boyes to get under the salary cap, but I think this is a team that would be atop contender for along time. Here is to many Stanley Cups for Buffalo in the near future.

It's hard to be any clearer on this...TAMPA IS NOT GOING TO MOVE STAMKOS! So why the chatter? It ain't going to happen. And if it ever did, I'm not sure he would be a good fit here. I'd rather see Pavelski, Thornton or Malkin in that spot. Those guys are worth the players you're willing to give up.

Roy is not a top line center; even when healthy, following a stay at a Holiday Inn Express, and a full bowl of Wheaties for breakfast. I love our 3 acquisitions, but I am disappointed the brass could not pull in a top line center. I would give up quite a bit for Stamkos if he were signed to a long term deal. Get it done!

Why are you disappointed? Because we didn't land Richards? that was our option at a #1 center so far. We still have time to trade for a center if that's what you are referring to. I have also heard several analysts say you don't need to be a contender day 1, you can trade at the deadline and be a contender in the playoffs.

I for one am not disappointed at all. Our team is much better than we were 2 weeks ago. I love the moves we've made including leino (much more upside than connoly)

I'm looking at only the positive for now but am holding out hope we can trade for a center, but am in no way disappointed.

Go Sabres!

I think if we traded Roy for Stamkos we would be on the road to the Stanley Cup. I don't think that will happen considering Tampa Bay loves having him on their team. I think if we traded Roy and maybe Stafford they might say yes.... just an idea!

Why are you disappointed? Because we didn't land Richards? that was our option at a #1 center so far. We still have time to trade for a center if that's what you are referring to. I have also heard several analysts say you don't need to be a contender day 1, you can trade at the deadline and be a contender in the playoffs.

I for one am not disappointed at all. Our team is much better than we were 2 weeks ago. I love the moves we've made including leino (much more upside than connoly)

I'm looking at only the positive for now but am holding out hope we can trade for a center, but am in no way disappointed.

Go Sabres!

Co-sign

I think if we traded Roy for Stamkos we would be on the road to the Stanley Cup. I don't think that will happen considering Tampa Bay loves having him on their team. I think if we traded Roy and maybe Stafford they might say yes.... just an idea!

Um no...unless Tyler Myers is involved, it ain't happenin.

Before you go and post these hypothetical deals you have to think to yourself "If i was the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, what would i want in return for stamkos" instead of "I'm a sabres fan, and it'd be really cool to get stamkos."

And they would not say yes.

Just to stir the rumor pot. :)

Canucks and Lighting talking? Sedin twins for Stamkos?

Now this can be picked up by eklund. :D

NHLSourcesSay Charlie B

Just talked with a source in Vancouver...looks like #Canucks still talking with #Lightning, blog will be up later today with details

Stamkos > Roy...never would happen unless we included the house.

As BuffaloSoldier says, you really need to think about the ideas that are thrown out there...I mean I would love for a trade like that to happen, and I know that if it happened we could potentially be in much better shape, but even in my wildest dreams, Darcy, let alone any other GM, could not pull the wool over someones eyes enough to pull that off.

I really do not see Tampa letting Stamkos go. Anything is possible, but I think they come to an agreement (TB + Stamkos). We'll see though.

Archived