Jeff Carter trade rumor

inkman

No matter, he ain't goin nowhere.

Probably correct.

The article on Ray and his thoughts were interesting though. He seems to feel a trade may be coming prior to the FA opening then some FA signings.

I am curious if one of those FA signings will include a stud D man through UFA, or if he had an RFA in mind.

Carter is only 26 and Pominville will be 29 in the early part of the season. He is a more prolific goal scorer. It's been 5 years since Pominville scored 30 goals for the only time in his career. Pominville may be a slightly better defensive player. That gap in their defensive play is far less than the gap in their goal scoring ability. Carter is the better value for the dollars. Carter's ceiling as a NHL goal scorer is much higher than Pominville's. It is unlikely Pominville will ever see 30 goals again.

I would not be surprised if Pominville hits 30 again. This was his worst season physically and he still had 22 in 72 games with very little support in the center.

Carter......signed through 2022 ....that's a hellava buy out if he goes south.

I would not be surprised if Pominville hits 30 again. This was his worst season physically and he still had 22 in 72 games with very little support in the center.

Carter......signed through 2022 ....that's a hellava buy out if he goes south.

I wouldn't be concerned with that contract given it ends on the backside of his prime. I'd be expecting Carter to show steady production for 8 of those 10 years. The reward potential far out-wiegh's the risk potential given his performance in the NHL to date.

I'd like to believe Philly is hell bent on signing Bryzy and he takes them for 6.5 to 7 mil for 6 to 9 years. But, Holmgren is no fool, he knows he has what many teams desire, a solid center depth situation.

If it is Carter that is looking to be moved and I'm Buffalo, I'm more than interested in finding away to get him up here.

I have a co-worker who is a Philly fan. As much as I like this guy, his rub with Carter is he disappears in the playoffs. I thought this was harsh and low and behold he gets hurt vs Buffalo.

I have a co-worker who is a Philly fan. As much as I like this guy, his rub with Carter is he disappears in the playoffs. I thought this was harsh and low and behold he gets hurt vs Buffalo.

That seems a bit harsh. A knee-to-knee collision could take just about anyone out.

Picked this up from another hockey forums, anyways, here is what this guy Eskin said.

"Eskin, I hate the dude, but the dude is almost always right when it comes to Flyers trade issues (like when we were in the Kovy running, he said 2 days before it happened that he would be a Devil).

Last night on his NBC sports final he said that Snider is interested in moving Richards, but he will move either Richards or Carter, depending on who they would be getting the better return for. He also mentioned that Bobrovsky could be dealt."

As I said earlier, Carter has 23 points in 53 playoff games.

I like the guy, but that's not good enough for someone whose job is scoring.

I'd rather have Richards. He can hurt you other ways.

Realistically he's played in 4 post-seasons, 2 of which ('07-08, '09-10) he was respectable (at least by our standards). Briere, Giroux, and Richards have gone off with numbers that dwarf our post-season production and probably skew everyone elses in the flyers lineup.

BTW interesting write-up on his value as a two-way forward:

Jeff Carter Report Card

Archived