official word on kaleta yet?

lalalalalaFontaine

Broke his hand blocking a shot in second period of Game 6. He denied rumors that he broke his hand punching a wall after the Game 6 loss.

Actually he tried to punch the wall but missed. Though the air resistance was strong enough to break his hand.

I can understand calling Connolly fragile (I don't necessarily condone it, but I can accept it), but I will never call Kaleta fragile. The dude plays balls out physical hockey and is arguably one of the best at what he does. I mean, Avery is pretty irrelevant anymore, we never see anybody out west, Chris Neil... meh. Matt Cooke crosses the line too much. I like what Kaleta brings. Maybe he tries too hard to be physical at times, puts a bruising on himself.

I can understand calling Connolly fragile (I don't necessarily condone it, but I can accept it), but I will never call Kaleta fragile. The dude plays balls out physical hockey and is arguably one of the best at what he does. I mean, Avery is pretty irrelevant anymore, we never see anybody out west, Chris Neil... meh. Matt Cooke crosses the line too much. I like what Kaleta brings. Maybe he tries too hard to be physical at times, puts a bruising on himself.

tough and fragile arent mutually exclusive---he does get hurt a lot

tough and fragile arent mutually exclusive---he does get hurt a lot

I know, but it doesn't bother me. If he gets hurt playing that game, he gets hurt. It's worth it for his significantly higher level of testosterone than the rest of the team. Like some people were saying in other threads, imagine if Vanek played with half the edge that Kaleta plays with? Mike Richards played with an edge all series, and altho I don't condone his dirty hits, you gotta admire the way he plays as a "Superstar." Most coaches don't want their stars playing that way for fear if injury...

To be honest even Briere played with a bit of a mean streak, and we don't have to bring up how dominant he was. I know it sounds like I'm doing a lot of Richards/Briere ballwashing lately but for real, those are two Grade A hockey players. Richards is a dirty cheapshotting little punk, but if the league doesn't care, why should we care as fans? The dude gets it done. I would kill for one of our supposed star players to play like that.

I know, but it doesn't bother me. If he gets hurt playing that game, he gets hurt. It's worth it for his significantly higher level of testosterone than the rest of the team. Like some people were saying in other threads, imagine if Vanek played with half the edge that Kaleta plays with? Mike Richards played with an edge all series, and altho I don't condone his dirty hits, you gotta admire the way he plays as a "Superstar." Most coaches don't want their stars playing that way for fear if injury...

To be honest even Briere played with a bit of a mean streak, and we don't have to bring up how dominant he was. I know it sounds like I'm doing a lot of Richards/Briere ballwashing lately but for real, those are two Grade A hockey players. Richards is a dirty cheapshotting little punk, but if the league doesn't care, why should we care as fans? The dude gets it done. I would kill for one of our supposed star players to play like that.

Word :ph34r:

I hope we keep him around, but he is hard to count on and all of these injuries are really taking away from his becoming a better player.

I don't want him back for the very reasons you mention here. I don;t think i tis wise to reserve the roster spot for a guy we can't count on. And how many games have we gone shorthanded because he can't finish? And, as you also mention, his injuries have severely limited whatever development that might have occurred.

Great guy, helluva competitor, good for keeping opposing D-men's head on a swivel. But I think this team needs to upgrade his roster spot with someone with more upside and better durability if we want to move forward.

I don't want him back for the very reasons you mention here. I don;t think i tis wise to reserve the roster spot for a guy we can't count on. And how many games have we gone shorthanded because he can't finish? And, as you also mention, his injuries have severely limited whatever development that might have occurred.

Great guy, helluva competitor, good for keeping opposing D-men's head on a swivel. But I think this team needs to upgrade his roster spot with someone with more upside and better durability if we want to move forward.

so you think we should trade him? or put him on waivers? or just not resign him next summer? I am just trying to understand the level of "we should let kaleta go". I think you may be right, hes beating himself up and could have developed into a 40pt guy if he hadnt been injured so much.

so you think we should trade him? or put him on waivers? or just not resign him next summer? I am just trying to understand the level of "we should let kaleta go". I think you may be right, hes beating himself up and could have developed into a 40pt guy if he hadnt been injured so much.

He's not a free agent until next year so there is no sense just walking away from him. But I would have no qualms about trading him. And I would certainly actively look to upgrade his roster spot. If we do manage to upgrade his spot on the roster his salary isn't a prohibitive one to put down in Portland.

He's not a free agent until next year so there is no sense just walking away from him. But I would have no qualms about trading him. And I would certainly actively look to upgrade his roster spot. If we do manage to upgrade his spot on the roster his salary isn't a prohibitive one to put down in Portland.

We would have to trade him to the Russian league, imagine how amped up he would be if he ever had to play against us.......... :unsure:

We would have to trade him to the Russian league, imagine how amped up he would be if he ever had to play against us.......... :unsure:

First shift he'd take a reall good run at Myers, miss and slam into the boards at full tilt, glide off the ice bent over, and wouldn't be seen again for 4-6 weeks. Upper body injury. :w00t:

:devil:

First shift he'd take a reall good run at Myers, miss and slam into the boards at full tilt, glide off the ice bent over, and wouldn't be seen again for 4-6 weeks. Upper body injury. :w00t:

:devil:

I think I have seen that play before......... :beer:

Archived