The Apostles Creed (Sabres edition)

BuffaloSoldier2010

One of my good buddies had this set as his status on facebook earlier today, and i was truly amazed. I'm not sure if he came up with it himself or if he found it somewhere, but i thought I'd share it with you. :D

"Our father who art in Buffalo, Miller be thy name. Thy save be done. The game be won. On ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us. And lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley, and in the name of the Sabres. Amen."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

One of my good buddies had this set as his status on facebook earlier today, and i was truly amazed. I'm not sure if he came up with it himself or if he found it somewhere, but i thought I'd share it with you. :D

"Our father who art in Buffalo, Miller be thy name. Thy save be done. The game be won. On ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us. And lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley, and in the name of the Sabres. Amen."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Pretty well crafted.

This is mine:

Oh Great Hockey God,

Let the Buffalo Sabres win tonight

We have endured the trials, we have survived the Winter

We have sacrificed at your alter of flat beer and cold hotdogs, and we are thankful

We are witness that you have sent us the Prophet Pegula, and we are thankful

We forego personal hygiene in your honor, and we are thankful

We have nothing and ask for little, Just 35 lbs of silver.

Oh Great Hockey God, hear our prayer.

yah, ya know ... all these prayers for the sabres are all well and good--funny, witty, excellent parodies ... i just can't utter one. i've tried. since the late 80s' bills' playoff runs, i've learned that God does not give one sh** about what i pray for when it comes to sports. in fact, every team i've ever prayed for has been eliminated that very game or series, so i've flat-out stopped. for one, i'm pretty sure God has more important things to do than to trifle with sports (i mean ... come on. running a universe, and he's gonna take time to watch hockey? or football? or ... jai lai? probably not.). for another, i don't think God plays sports favorites. hell, i bet half of philly is saying something similar to the OP. so who is he gonna listen to? someone's gonna lose, and he knows it. so why not leave it up to the team with better talent?

in which case, if the flyers gave it their all on thursday (and i've heard many an analyst say just such), and the sabres performance was far from their peak, is there really any doubt who's gonna win this series? :)

yah, ya know ... all these prayers for the sabres are all well and good--funny, witty, excellent parodies ... i just can't utter one. i've tried. since the late 80s' bills' playoff runs, i've learned that God does not give one sh** about what i pray for when it comes to sports. in fact, every team i've ever prayed for has been eliminated that very game or series, so i've flat-out stopped. for one, i'm pretty sure God has more important things to do than to trifle with sports (i mean ... come on. running a universe, and he's gonna take time to watch hockey? or football? or ... jai lai? probably not.). for another, i don't think God plays sports favorites. hell, i bet half of philly is saying something similar to the OP. so who is he gonna listen to? someone's gonna lose, and he knows it. so why not leave it up to the team with better talent?

in which case, if the flyers gave it their all on thursday (and i've heard many an analyst say just such), and the sabres performance was far from their peak, is there really any doubt who's gonna win this series? :)

C'mon. What better way is there to relax after wiping a couple of Japanese cities of the face of the Earth than to sit down and watch a hockey game?

(too soon?)

Archived