Starting lines?

BetterDays06

As much as I'm not a big fan of Hecht at center, I do think that getting Boyes back on the wing would make it worth it.

He may not score a lot of goals, but Hecht does a lot of the little things, puck possesion, getting the puck to the net, PK, etc... His contract sucks but as a contributor he's under-valued by most fans. Maybe because he's the perfect 3rd line center living in a top 6 world? ;)

Interesting. IIRC Grier was the Sabres best player last year in the playoffs. When he's healthy he's a beast on puck possession. Not to mention his defensive skills!

To steal a quote from S&tBd, the reason that you have guys like Mike Grier on your roster is the playoffs. Guys like that know how to step their games up in the playoff atmosphere.

To steal a quote from S&tBd, the reason that you have guys like Mike Grier on your roster is the playoffs. Guys like that know how to step their games up in the playoff atmosphere.

^^^^^ This! The hype for guys like Mancari is ridiculous. When Hecht and/or Grier come back, Mancari sits and is followed by either Neidermayer, Kaleta or McCormick. If Roy comes back(I don't see it happening nor do I want him rushed back only to be reinjured) keep sitting players listed above.

If he can skate I want him on the ice.

There are large stretches of the playoffs were puck possession is huge. And that's his forte.

With bolded part for emphasis.

As much as I'm not a big fan of Hecht at center, I do think that getting Boyes back on the wing would make it worth it.

Absolutely, especially once teams get a couple games in and used to playing against each other some changes can be just whats needed to give you an edge however slight that edge may be.

Archived