Vanek first star of the week

spndnchz

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559202

He even skipped a game. lol

Vanek recorded consecutive three-point games, helping the Sabres (43-29-10) clinch a playoff berth in the Eastern Conference for the second consecutive season. He notched his first hat trick of the season and seventh of his NHL career in a 4-2 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning Apr. 5 and scored the overtime winner and added a pair of assists in Buffalo's playoff-clinching 4-3 win over the Philadelphia Flyers Apr. 8. Vanek completed the 2010-11 regulation as the Sabres leader in goals (32), assists (41) and points (73). He tied for the team lead in power-play goals (11) and game-winning goals (five). Vanek and the Sabres open their Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series at Philadelphia Thursday (7:30 p.m., ET, TSN, VERSUS joined in progress).

all that regular season production is fine and dandy. wat matters most now is that he finnally decides to show up for the playoffs and put the points up then; when it really counts

He was playing well in last years playoffs until the injury

Vanek's had a wonderful 2011. 19G 29A for 48 points in 43 games, and those numbers could have easily been higher with all the chances he's gotten the last few weeks. He ended up tied for 15th best in points in the NHL. In terms of ice time per point, Vanek finished 9th at 19:01 (Crosby is unsurprisingly first here, with 13:36).

similar and at the same time different did anyone check out the TSN power rankings, freaking hilarious... we are ranked below the rangers... wtf?

I say bring it on.... give us the trashy rankings ... the ugly talk. The sports media hating Buffalo feeds us IMO. Buffalo is meant to be the underdog... we just need to finally master the underdog mentality and bring home a Stanley Cup along with it.

I say bring it on.... give us the trashy rankings ... the ugly talk. The sports media hating Buffalo feeds us IMO. Buffalo is meant to be the underdog... we just need to finally master the underdog mentality and bring home a Stanley Cup along with it.

^^THIS!!

BTW, love the name.

Anyway, I gotta say that sometimes I think it's when we're the underdog we do our best work. Only when we sank to the depths of the NHL did we actually start playing well, and going into the playoffs as the underdog might really help us in the same way. IMHO.

all that regular season production is fine and dandy. wat matters most now is that he finnally decides to show up for the playoffs and put the points up then; when it really counts

Respectfully, a post like that belongs in a thread about Roy, Stafford or Connolly's "exploits" last April.

Vanek did all you could expect of him, and the Bruins quickly recognized who they needed to cheapshot in order to win.

The rest is history.

*edit

I got a nasty feeling the Cryers are sitting around watching DVD's of that baseball swing Boychuck took at Vanek last year.

Archived