Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

So, last night was awesome. Good game good times.

I was in a suite a few down from the owners box. You could see Terry hanging out with Gilbert and some other guys. Their box was packed. Along with security. lol

So, it gets to the third period. Some lady in the box next to us stands up and start dancing, holding this Sabres hat in her hand. She singing "Gilbert! Will you sign my hat" She goes on for a few minutes until Perreault stands up (he's sitting next to TPegs, who is noticeably smiling and laughing as Perreault stands up). Gilbert leaves his box and joins the suite with the dancing gal.

So now everyone is up taking pictures, getting autographs. Not being jerks mind you, but pretty cool.

Later, after the game, I hang around until I see Gilbert leave the suite. He was nice enough to sign my jersey (yeah, I had to make up for the last time I didn't think it was right for him to sign my Drury).

So then we go to watch the post game show and have a drink. Who's walking by? JPegs. Said hi, says hi back. She was in her Pegula 4 jersey.

About the time we were leaving, low and behold here comes Gerbe. That dude is beefed up. Seems almost as tall as he is wide.

A great night, great entertainment, good times man, good times.

Every game you go to makes me more and more envious of you. Pretty sweet night you had though.

I was in a suite a few down from the owners box. You could see Terry hanging out with Gilbert and some other guys. Their box was packed. Along with security. lol

So, it gets to the third period. Some lady in the box next to us stands up and start dancing, holding this Sabres hat in her hand. She singing "Gilbert! Will you sign my hat" She goes on for a few minutes until Perreault stands up (he's sitting next to TPegs, who is noticeably smiling and laughing as Perreault stands up). Gilbert leaves his box and joins the suite with the dancing gal.

So now everyone is up taking pictures, getting autographs. Not being jerks mind you, but pretty cool.

Later, after the game, I hang around until I see Gilbert leave the suite. He was nice enough to sign my jersey (yeah, I had to make up for the last time I didn't think it was right for him to sign my Drury).So then we go to watch the post game show and have a drink. Who's walking by? JPegs. Said hi, says hi back. She was in her Pegula 4 jersey.

About the time we were leaving, low and behold here comes Gerbe. That dude is beefed up. Seems almost as tall as he is wide.

Nice.

I am taking it is implied you had a number 11 Jersey on this time. Just curious which one, home, away, 3rd or retro ?

Thanks for providing all these informative posts all the time on real insider information and being the bonafide team groupie. ;) I can tell it's something you have fun doing .

Nice.

I am taking it is implied you had a number 11 Jersey on this time. Just curious which one, home, away, 3rd or retro ?

Thanks for providing all these informative posts all the time on real insider information and being the bonafide team groupie. ;) I can tell it's something you have fun doing .

I actually have a new third Myers jersey. He signed the front for me.

Later, after the game, I hang around until I see Gilbert leave the suite. He was nice enough to sign my jersey (yeah, I had to make up for the last time I didn't think it was right for him to sign my Drury).

So then we go to watch the post game show and have a drink. Who's walking by? JPegs. Said hi, says hi back. She was in her Pegula 4 jersey.

Lucky........... :wub:

It really was a pretty solid game last night from Buffalo. I haven't watched the broadcast yet, but did they make any mention of Kovalchuk's D?

He had the weak side D on Gerbe's goal, and was just standing still. Really, Just standing still.

Also on the Vanek goal, Kovulchuk had point coverage and skated to Pomminstein's side as he shot it. Really, he didn't contest the shot at all. Free shot.

At the same time, Kovulchuk was probably the Devil's most dangerous player in the offensive zone, but he was contained pretty well.

Everyone has their biases. But last night is exaclty why I don't fancy Kovulchuk. Probably if I were his teammate , I just wouldn't be able to accept it.

Tallinder looked pretty good. But Devil's D was really slow in transition. No momentum at all.

The Devils really had trouble matching Buffalo's speed.

Although I like the 4 points. Good riddance to Florida and NJ trap hockey. They've just about killed the game I love.

It really was a pretty solid game last night from Buffalo. I haven't watched the broadcast yet, but did they make any mention of Kovalchuk's D?

He had the weak side D on Gerbe's goal, and was just standing still. Really, Just standing still.

Also on the Vanek goal, Kovulchuk had point coverage and skated to Pomminstein's side as he shot it. Really, he didn't contest the shot at all. Free shot.

At the same time, Kovulchuk was probably the Devil's most dangerous player in the offensive zone, but he was contained pretty well.

Everyone has their biases. But last night is exaclty why I don't fancy Kovulchuk. Probably if I were his teammate , I just wouldn't be able to accept it.

Tallinder looked pretty good. But Devil's D was really slow in transition. No momentum at all.

The Devils really had trouble matching Buffalo's speed.

Although I like the 4 points. Good riddance to Florida and NJ trap hockey. They've just about killed the game I love.

Seems like all of the teams out of playoff contention are boring trap teams or horrible to watch... If the playoffs started today, 13/16 teams that made the playoffs last year are also going to make it this year too. I guess the more things change, the more things stay the same, History repeats itself. Bad teams will always be bad.

Archived