Senators Stop Devils

Dave Dryden

You have to have the highest new thread/post ratio of anyone on the board.

That said, I'm glad the Devils lost. They may not make the playoffs, but I'm still not looking forward to playing them with Kovy on the 26th.

Usually too busy or tired--I'm an old guy.

As for the points...

SINCE the lockout, the average 8th place point total is 91.8 rounds to 92.

Ranged from 88-94

That being said...NJD would nearly have to be perfect for a chance.

I said before and I'll say again...Devils wont make it, despite the run they are on.

So I guess it's a good thing that your boys Kessel (quotable quote 'I'd give my left nut to be an NHLer' :D ) and Kovy play in the East. Otherwise their fanboys couldn't even fantasize about them making the playoffs. :P

I guess you can add Miller and make it a trio. :thumbsup:

Snappy comeback. Sorry your Devils have spit the bit.

I love a great a story. The Devils playing the role of the NHL Phoenix would be good for the league. Having one of the leagues better players being a part of it is even better. And still I am the one accused of being "myopic?"

I love a great a story. The Devils playing the role of the NHL Phoenix would be good for the league. Having one of the leagues better players being a part of it is even better. And still I am the one accused of being "myopic?"

Myopic, no. Silly yes. Your man-crush on Kovy is nice, but in my view utterly misplaced. It's over for Jersey, but it was a nice story for a while.

364 goals and 693 points in 691 games? I'll take that type of part time player.

Right. And Kovy has won how many Cups--the only measure that counts right. If you are going to spend that kind of money, get someone who will help you get where you want to go, and it ain't Kovy.

He's a prolific scorer but can we assess how much his play leads to the other teams scoring chances?

Great point. He can cherry pick a goal every 3 games, be a -19, and that gets you a Cup how? 51 points in 70 games and minus 19 for $1 billion a year. And think how many other players do you have to forego to have this guy--like maybe Zach Parise. No thanks.

Great point. He can cherry pick a goal every 3 games, be a -19, and that gets you a Cup how? 51 points in 70 games and minus 19 for $1 billion a year. And think how many other players do you have to forego to have this guy--like maybe Zach Parise. No thanks.

You know he is less of a cap hit than Vanek is. You don't have to "forego" any player. They will be able to re-sign Parise and Lou will likely make additional changes as well. Has Kovi won a Cup? No. One of the best GM's in the NHL thinks he can win a Cup with Kovi. That's enough for me.

One of the best GM's in the NHL thinks he can win a Cup with Kovi. That's enough for me.

Are you sure? A lot of hockey "experts" believe that ownership forced his hand to try to garner fan interest. Not saying that I know they are right, but do you know that they are wrong?

You know he is less of a cap hit than Vanek is. You don't have to "forego" any player. They will be able to re-sign Parise and Lou will likely make additional changes as well. Has Kovi won a Cup? No. One of the best GM's in the NHL thinks he can win a Cup with Kovi. That's enough for me.

Whatever man. Cash is still cash, and whatever the cap hit $100 million is $100 million--it has an impact.

You want him, I don't. Agree to disagree. But the Devils still are not going to make the playoffs this year--much less win a Cup. So much for Mr. -19 this year.

Whatever man. Cash is still cash, and whatever the cap hit $100 million is $100 million--it has an impact.

You want him, I don't. Agree to disagree. But the Devils still are not going to make the playoffs this year--much less win a Cup. So much for Mr. -19 this year.

Mr. -19 has a nice ring to it, lol........ :beer:

Archived