Quinn & The Connollys

inkman

I'm hoping your right on the not re-signing part.

I still think it's a mistake not to trade him now, even for a 3rd rounder. But I will confess I understand the mentality of the thoughts you had on the chemistry and trying to make the playoffs.

Pegula stated that the playoffs this season were not the emphasis right now, but to build a cup contender, which is where I see a conflict of thoughts or implementation of a plan from what Pegula is stating and what Regier is doing, wouldn't you agree?

Agree Darcy will screw up the trade deadline like he always does and suck like he always does. So woooooo

I've heard brief snippets in various threads throughout Tim Connolly's career in Buffalo but no one has ever started a thread about it to my knowledge. Larry Quinn was never secretive about his connection to Tim Connolly's father.. The quote is as follows:

"The joke here is that Buffalo is not a small town, it's a big room," Quinn said. "I went to Canisius High School here in the city, with Tim Connolly's father and Tim Russert, and then went to Notre Dame.

Was this info just brushed off as coincidence? I've heard unconfirmed statements that their relationship was more than just acquaintances. Anywho now that the cat is out off the bag, is Tim Connolly's tenure with the Sabres more easily severed as the protector Quinny has been jettisoned.

I have heard Paul Hamilton mention that there was a rumor that part of the reason he got the contract he did was because of "relationships" he had with management figures...he never elaborated on what that meant, but I guess that's pretty obvious when Quinn lets the cat out of the bag...

Archived