What happened to Jerry Sullivan?

PASabreFan

This reply started because I listened to what Jerry had to say after the editorial meeting on WGR with the Bulldog last night. I am sick of his cynical approach. He talked about Terry's lack of objectivity; hypocrite, Jerry did nothing but express his subjective interpretations of Pegula throughout the segment. Jerry seems to have a stick up his ass because Terry kept Darcy.

Earlier post:

To Whom much is given much is required.

That is one statement that Terry made that sums it up for me.

I recently listened to Jerry Sullivan's sensational comments regarding Terry as being goofy, etc.

In my opinion Jerry is the one who wasn't listening to Terry's press conference.

In my opinion Terry is no dummy; what part of Terry's vision does Jerry not understand.

To Whom much is given much is required.

I do not believe this man will be swayed from his goal of bringing the Stanely Cup to Buffalo.

If that means giving Darcy and Lindy enough rope to hang themselves then he satisfy's everyone:

If Darcy and Lindy don't hang themselves pro Lindy and Darcy fans are happy and Terry is the hero; if they do hang themselves then it's thier fault and it will be evident and it is very likely they will be buried along with anyone else who does not perform.

Captain Craig Rivet knows about that.

I have been critical of Darcy; however, Terry's no panic approach makes sense.

He understands relationships formed cannot easily be broken; moreover, sometimes by aggressively ripping out a big handful of weeds one may end up taking the good crops with them.

It's all about a smooth transition.

I do not believe Terry will be shy about making hard decisions.

As far as Sullivan's comments that Terry does not seem very savvy, wow.

Jerry let me know when you make your first billion and then maybe I will listen to your convoluted crap.

This reply started because I listened to what Jerry had to say after the editorial meeting on WGR with the Bulldog last night. I am sick of his cynical approach. He talked about Terry's lack of objectivity; hypocrite, Jerry did nothing but express his subjective interpretations of Pegula throughout the segment. Jerry seems to have a stick up his ass because Terry kept Darcy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Buffalo were still a 2 newspaper town, Sullivan and Gleason would be gone. Likely Pegula (and Tom G before him) wouldn't even grant them interviews with teh Buffalo Snooze, but would do so to the other paper (Courier-Express for those who remember), leaving the News high and dry, and teh C-E with teh feature articles. Sullivan and Gleason have shown that they cannot establish a working relationship with the ownership, which would be their professional death in a competitive market.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Buffalo were still a 2 newspaper town, Sullivan and Gleason would be gone. Likely Pegula (and Tom G before him) wouldn't even grant them interviews with teh Buffalo Snooze, but would do so to the other paper (Courier-Express for those who remember), leaving the News high and dry, and teh C-E with teh feature articles. Sullivan and Gleason have shown that they cannot establish a working relationship with the ownership, which would be their professional death in a competitive market.

My father worked for the Buffalo News for over 30 years and yes I remember the Courier-Express days, those were uncertain times for us. Wow!

It seems like many are trying to make the transition from old to new; however, the old saying you cannot put new wine into old wine skins maybe applicable, some people just cannot adjust.

What happens to Sullivan and Gleason now that their cynical journalism approach has been challenged?

They seem like a couple of kids having a temper tantrum because someone dared to face them off and they're not getting their own way.

I'm not sure if it was the Bulldog or Sullivan that said, "Gleason has been calling for Darcy to step down for a while".

Are you kidding me!

They take themselves way to serious; as if the Sabres organization is sitting back saying, Oh my God, Gleason wants Darcy gone we better do it now or he might write something bad about us.

They would never make it in a big market.

Maybe they will reinvent themselves as journalists; one can only hope so.

All Terry asked for was that the media try to be a bit more positive. :clapping:

My father worked for the Buffalo News for over 30 years and yes I remember the Courier-Express days, those were uncertain times for us. Wow!

It seems like many are trying to make the transition from old to new; however, the old saying you cannot put new wine into old wine skins maybe applicable, some people just cannot adjust.

What happens to Sullivan and Gleason now that their cynical journalism approach has been challenged?

They seem like a couple of kids having a temper tantrum because someone dared to face them off and they're not getting their own way.

I'm not sure if it was the Bulldog or Sullivan that said, "Gleason has been calling for Darcy to step down for a while".

Are you kidding me!

They take themselves way to serious; as if the Sabres organization is sitting back saying, Oh my God, Gleason wants Darcy gone we better do it now or he might write something bad about us.

They would never make it in a big market.

Maybe they will reinvent themselves as journalists; one can only hope so.

All Terry asked for was that the media try to be a bit more positive. :clapping:

My father worked at the Courier for around 30 years! What a small world. Back to the mad dogs. In a way, it's like what Marv Levy said about if you do what the fans want, you will become one. I honestly think TP was considering changing GM's but only after doing a thorough check of hockey and NHL knowledgable people who have experience with operations rather than media types that are just trying to looking in thru the front window. He probably found that Regier had his hands tied. It seems like the News guys want to be the only ones the Sabres organization answers to and thats just not going to happen. Just 2 weeks ago they were after Millers head following a bad game. Sully even called for Enroth to be called up and start the remaining games. Every GM and coach down to the high school level was laughing at that one. I hardly see Sully or Gleason following in the footsteps of Felser, Kelley or the late Jim Peters.

Is that really the best quote considering a "fan" has just bought the Buffalo Sabres?

I don't know if it's the best quote, but likely TP has and continues to realize that he can't make pure "fan" decisions as an owner. Likely, during his pre-closing audits and such, he found out far more about the organization and the workings of the NHL in general above and beyond what we fans (think we) know and what the News Crew (think it) knows.

I don't know if it's the best quote, but likely TP has and continues to realize that he can't make pure "fan" decisions as an owner. Likely, during his pre-closing audits and such, he found out far more about the organization and the workings of the NHL in general above and beyond what we fans (think we) know and what the News Crew (think it) knows.

That is the hope.

• 2 weeks later...
to the original point -- sullivan -- i was reflecting on how since sully dropped an f-bomb on millsie, our silver medalist has a save percentage of .953.
Jerry Sullivan: master sports psychologist.

by my count, the unfragile kid is saving at a .938 clip since dropping a turd against the isles, exchanging f-bombs with sullivan, scarring a group of school children, and periodically taking a night off to drink in the press box while the barstard-anu$ child of don edwards and bob sauve spells him.

• 2 weeks later...

giving the master sport's psychologist a bump.

miller went on a tear when sullzy specifically provoked him -- i now expect the DotRHC (Defenders of the Right Honorable Crest) to do likewise.

people have said that sullivan "knew he was doing."

and i agree. oh, do i agree.

10 games left. thanks to sullivan, this team is primed is to take 15 of the 20 points available. :bag:

p.s. has this been written up in a traditional media outlet of some kind (even a blog)? or has the incident only been referenced in the twittersphere?

Archived