Injury Bug is quickly spreading.

R_Dudley

Or is it?

I find the choice of topic interesting in light the article quickly points out it's been bothering him since preseason.

The link

Comment made by Ghost of DD in another thread about the quality of our training staffs ability to properly diagnose player issues has me scrutinizing this more than maybe warrented however on a non hockey couple of days I thought it worth musing.

These comments by Lindy caught my eye as well.

"He's had some fluid that's bothered him, that's hampered him in his skating," Ruff said. "He's been trying to play through it and it hasn't been getting better, so the decision finally was to try to relieve some of that."

"You've got to give him credit for trying to get through, but he just feels it's hurting his play," Ruff said. "He's a better skater than what he's shown, but it isn't working the way he's trying to get it done, so the best thing to do is have it cleaned up."

Really do I have to give him credit or should I be more concerned about it taking so long for the coaches and trainers to notice all the way from preseason that he couldn't get it done and force him out. They admit they know he's a better skater than that but yet I find myself wondering did we let him decide when it was time to make the play vs surgery decision ?

I know the team has to rely on the atheletes to tell them how they are really feeling / doing but the team also has to show some good judgement and willingness to make decisions in the best interest of player and the team overall.

Sorry bored with no Sabres hockey

I think it's going to be a rough night at HSBC for the Sabres. Young backup goalie and only one line that knows how to score.

Oh well, maybe Gerbe-Hecht-Pominville can get something going. I thought Jochen had a great season a couple of years ago when he was playing center a lot.

I think it's going to be a rough night at HSBC for the Sabres. Young backup goalie and only one line that knows how to score.

Oh well, maybe Gerbe-Hecht-Pominville can get something going. I thought Jochen had a great season a couple of years ago when he was playing center a lot.

I don't know about Hecht at center. I think he indicated at some point how he preferred to play wing. It seems to me his worst season, 08-09, came when he was mostly at center. He recovered last season on the wing.

I could be misremembericating -- carp will be along right shortly to set me straight if necessary.

I don't know about Hecht at center. I think he indicated at some point how he preferred to play wing. It seems to me his worst season, 08-09, came when he was mostly at center. He recovered last season on the wing.

I could be misremembericating -- carp will be along right shortly to set me straight if necessary.

No sir I am not Carp but I can vouch that your memory is correct. His play and his stated preferred place is Bflo Wing.

True, but he also played a ton of center in 07-08 and had a great year. Great for Jochen Hecht, that is. Either way, his line has been awful this season and I think any kind of shakeup would be good. And why not put the best two-way guy at center, right?

Something tells me it's not going to matter tonight anyway.

Archived