A Player Per Day: No 10: Henrik Tallinder

Eleven

52 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

"much better?!" there was a whopping three nhl franchises that allowed fewer goals than buffalo. i'd say their defense is quite sound.

are you looking for more production? are you looking for better puck movers?

based on the signing of his last contract, and his near disappearance following it, i'd be fine watching hank go elsewhere.

anyone who doesn't appreciate and value Talinder....doesn't understand the game of hockey. he had a good year beacuase he was NOT saddled with toni lydman. he is the second best (all-around) defenseman we have. he shows up in the playoffs. go back to the playoff series with Carolina a few years back. Talinder played the first 3 games, we won 2. he missed the final four games, we won 1. NOT a coincidence.

"much better?!" there was a whopping three nhl franchises that allowed fewer goals than buffalo. i'd say their defense is quite sound.

are you looking for more production? are you looking for better puck movers?

based on the signing of his last contract, and his near disappearance following it, i'd be fine watching hank go elsewhere.

And you would be wrong. The goaltending is sound. The defense is a mess. You had four of the seven benched at some point of the season and a 5th that needed to be waived but wasn't because of a 'C' on his jersey. That's not sound defense. Add the lack of hitting and unwillingness to block shots and you have a defense that needs a extreme makeover.

i knew i was going to regret typing that.

after actually looking at the stats, miller faced the 4th most shots in the nhl this past season. and on that note, craig anderson deserves a raise.

retaining hank would be fine with me, but i certainly don't know if he merits a pay increase next season. if someone else sees fit to double his salary, i'd say thanks for the memories, and good luck with the rest of your career.

i knew i was going to regret typing that.

after actually looking at the stats, miller faced the 4th most shots in the nhl this past season. and on that note, craig anderson deserves a raise.

retaining hank would be fine with me, but i certainly don't know if he merits a pay increase next season. if someone else sees fit to double his salary, i'd say thanks for the memories, and good luck with the rest of your career.

Not to hijack the thread, but yes, Anderson does. He was the only reason Colorado was in that series with SJ.

anyone who doesn't appreciate and value Talinder....doesn't understand the game of hockey. he had a good year beacuase he was NOT saddled with toni lydman. he is the second best (all-around) defenseman we have. he shows up in the playoffs. go back to the playoff series with Carolina a few years back. Talinder played the first 3 games, we won 2. he missed the final four games, we won 1. NOT a coincidence.

###### Recchi! He kills us all the time! Time to sign him for Buffalo. He's a true playoff warrior. And I mention him why? Because he's the ###### er that broke Hank's arm in 2006.

Recchi?

Remember when people laughed at me when i wanted this guy at the deadline last season?

I surly remember.

Could of been had for Paille and Mac, and did i mention we might've gotten a 2nd rounder as well.

Darcy where you listening to your 400 dollar Blackberry that day?

Shows up for the first time in 3 years now that his contract is up and he's paired with a legit #1 D-man. Ship him the ###### out.

i have nothing to add to this. if we bring him back, i'd like to see it for 2 years. he won't go for that. he'll get overpaid on a 4-year deal somewhere else.

Archived