GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Other than Mike Grier, these guys are just playing too soft sometimes. And they can't do that in the playoffs. They have got to get some fight in them, dig at the boards, get to the front of the net, no weak passes or clearing attempts. Come on, they are better than this.

Until the Sabres bring a fulltime physical game like in Game 1, they will not win. This is the playoffs, not the regular season. The second season's game is quicker and more physical. The men are separated from the boys. I think the Sabres played like men in the first game but boys the last two. Bruins earned both wins.

I'm so mad right now, I just don't even know what to think. I think, deep down, the reason why I am so mad is because I feared all day that this is how the game would go, and I just hoped they would prove me wrong.

And on the non-call? Sure, it was probably interference...but if Kennedy hustles to the puck instead of the body, that play never happens.

I'd like to think that an embarassing first-round departure would cause ownership to clean house -- but I know that's only a pipe dream.

hey, they made the playoffs! that's "mission accomplished" for buffalo ownership. everything else is just gravy at this point.

i really liked the last 5min. if only they realized they needed to play the entire last period on the road like that.

sad to see that last chance go off tukka's mask. so close to tying the game.

heck of a hockey game.

Not a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but not a terrible one, either. It's a 2-1 deficit, but the gap between these two teams and how they are playing right now is not large. There were moments tonight that showed Buffalo can win this series if they're more consistent. It's not going to be easy, but it's the playoffs.

The series is not over. If they can win game 4, even ugly, the momentum swings back to them coming home for game 5.

hey, they made the playoffs! that's "mission accomplished" for buffalo ownership. everything else is just gravy at this point.

i really liked the last 5min. if only they realized they needed to play the entire last period on the road like that.

sad to see that last chance go off tukka's mask. so close to tying the game.

heck of a hockey game.

That's the problem --ownership is happy with "good enough" The fans want better then that.

Series not over yet. Vanek's return gets them a game 4 win and they take game 5 at home giving them 2 cracks at the series in 6 and 7.

At least we didn't score an own goal in OT like Boyle did...I couldn't believe what I saw yesterday night...reminded me of the Kings defenseman(I think---or was it Calgary?) that tried to pass the puck from behind his own net in OT the one year and it hit goalies skate and went in---that was in OT of a game 7 I believe(or at least a game that eliminated his team if I recall...)

Series not over yet. Vanek's return gets them a game 4 win and they take game 5 at home giving them 2 cracks at the series in 6 and 7.

Please, we will be lucky to see a game 6 let alone Vanek play on Wednesday night. Boston is the better team. They went 4-2 against us in the regular season, the trend is continuing and Rask is playing equal to Miller.

Bruins are reminding me of the way we used to play when we were hardest working team in NHL. We are built for regular season not the playoffs were the refs eat the whistle, but as bad as the PP has been not sure more penalties would help us, We need someone to call out and man up and Lindy has to find a way to disperse the little size he has around the lines. Roy, Pommers and Kennedy have no muscle and bounced around to much. Time to regroup and start working vs just letting stuff happen

I wish I could say Boston won fair and square. But on this day in Massachusetts as we celebrate Patriots day we recall the hardship our Founding Fathers and Families endured to establish a common law set of rules with which to secure Life, Liberty, Property that is overshadowed by an NHL officiating crew that threw the rule book away in favor of the home team!

great chance but dumb icing by montador

Lindy said "f-ing stupid" as Montador skated by. Really Lindy? You're a schmuck who can't coach a decent power play and you think Montador had a better play at that point? Whatever your ###### had scrawled on the white board?

How many years have posters been calling for players with grit? The smurf problem has been pointed out numerous times as well. It can't be that GTG is only in it for the money because the investment could have paid off better elsewhere. Doesn't he get frustrated watching his boys get pushed around the years they qualify for the play-offs? And no comments to the effect that he might not know the play-offs are happening or he isn't watching.

The Sabres have been such a lightweight team during the regular season that in a way I'm glad to see some intensity and physical play. At the same time, their skills players aren't getting the job done. This series is winnable. Boston is playing as well as they can. Need some leadership on offense from Roy, Connolly, Pommers and Stafford. Can't rely on Vanek return. Keep the intensity up. Replace Ennis -- he's just too small for this series and has gotten gun-shy. This series might be the end of the road, or it might mature these guys into a dangerous playoff team.

:lol:

That's playoff hockey.....refs put away the whistles.

We refuse to respond.

:D What do you expect. The team has the same character as the people of WNY, talented but no heart.

:thumbdown: But we made the playoffs. In WNY, that's OUR Stanley Cup. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived