Kaleta for Captain

Marvelo

"I guess I'm a blue-collar player," Kaleta said. "I love Buffalo. I loved the Sabres growing up my whole life. I want to put my body on the line and do everything I can to help win the Cup."

Kinda brings a tear to the eye. Need I say more?

Buffalo native or not players like Kaleta are expendable parts.He's a third or fourth liner at best that will be shown the door as soon as he commands any more than what these type of players make.Thats the Sabres way.Even if he is all heart and soul.

Buffalo native or not players like Kaleta are expendable parts.He's a third or fourth liner at best that will be shown the door as soon as he commands any more than what these type of players make.Thats the Sabres way.Even if he is all heart and soul.

the sabres will never get rid of kaleta of their own accord. they know there'd be a riot. i know we all hate the sabres, but lets try to at least be realistic about it.

I certainly don't hate the sabres.I've been a fan of this team most of my life.I am being realistic.If Gretzky can be traded,Kaleta can.This management team should do anything it can to make this team better and if that means one day trading a Buffalo native or letting him go to free agency,they'll do it.That is the reality.I'm not advocating getting rid of Kaleta now,he's a very useful player and I love what he brings to this team.But to suggest that he will always be a sabre is unrealistic.

I certainly don't hate the sabres.I've been a fan of this team most of my life.I am being realistic.If Gretzky can be traded,Kaleta can.This management team should do anything it can to make this team better and if that means one day trading a Buffalo native or letting him go to free agency,they'll do it.That is the reality.I'm not advocating getting rid of Kaleta now,he's a very useful player and I love what he brings to this team.But to suggest that he will always be a sabre is unrealistic.

ok, i'll buy that i guess. if he loses his usefulness, then they should trade him. the original wording sounded like they'd just trade him when he was up for his next contract because they're cheap, and thats an argument i'm soooo bored with.

at this point, though, he's only improved season to season, and while yes, he'll probably never be a top six guy, i think he can be very effective on the third line, not only hitting and pesting(pestifying? pestering?) people, but scoring, and wearing down defenses.

and no, nothing is gaurunteed. but if he remains at this level or improves his game, there is no reason to expect him to leave.

Even Rob Ray was traded in the end. So being traded is not something we shouldn't expect in the future if it helps the team.

Ray asked to leave, though. He wanted to win a cup. What did we even get for him?

But you're right, Peters was let go and was kind of a fan favorite (not on message boards, obviously, but alot of casual fans loved him). Any body is fair game if the return is enough.

Ray asked to leave, though. He wanted to win a cup. What did we even get for him?

But you're right, Peters was let go and was kind of a fan favorite (not on message boards, obviously, but alot of casual fans loved him). Any body is fair game if the return is enough.

"future considerations"

Archived