[OT] Colin Cowherd

inkman

I don't listen to his program but I tuned into WGR a while ago and heard him talking about Tiger and sex addiction. (as Jim Rome says, aren't we all addicted to sex?) Anywho, apparently he was receiving email from doctors telling him to STFU about sex addiction, in reponse he claims, "I'm on TV, I do well in that department." I guess this was in reference to his sex life and how he can speak to this issue because of his fame/interaction with athletes. Umm...what?

Not sure why I'm posting this, I just thought it was the single most pompous, pretentious piece of opining I'd had ever come across. (well, outside of all the right wing TV/radio nuts - I'm looking at you Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly)

I don't listen to his program but I tuned into WGR a while ago and heard him talking about Tiger and sex addiction. (as Jim Rome says, aren't we all addicted to sex?) Anywho, apparently he was receiving email from doctors telling him to STFU about sex addiction, in reponse he claims, "I'm on TV, I do well in that department." I guess this was in reference to his sex life and how he can speak to this issue because of his fame/interaction with athletes. Umm...what?

Not sure why I'm posting this, I just thought it was the single most pompous, pretentious piece of opining I'd had ever come across. (well, outside of all the right wing TV/radio nuts - I'm looking at you Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly)

So...because he's a "celebrity", that means he knows everything there is to know about a celebrity's sex life? I wonder if he's saying that he can sympathize?

I actually think a number of his opinions are valid and legit, but he goes off the deep end too much. Perhaps that's why he's still on the radio.

I used to listen to Cowherd at my old job. He takes very extreme stances to rile up one fanbase or group of people because that gets him ratings. Sometimes I don't think he actually believes what he says. He is very arrogant but what person on talk radio isn't. If you don't agree with him, he usually talks over you or slams the caller. It can be quite funny.

I remember when the NFL owners signed the CBA and he was killing Ralphie for voting against it. Ralphie's main reason for voting against it was that he didnt understand it and thought the owners should have taken some time to think it out. Cowherd made all the usual age jokes etc. I guess Ralph was right.

As Mr. Tony says, if you don't like it you can always turn the dial to the right or left.

I guess Ralph was right.

I wonder if Cowherd ever recanted. Methinks (love it) not.

As Mr. Tony says, if you don't like it you can always turn the dial to the right or left.

I did, well I hit the button that changed my station.

cowturd is a pathetic tool of management.

don't get me wrong, he executes his marching orders quite well. it's just that those marching orders involve retaining and growing listenership by taking strong, often ridiculous positions on every issue du jour. <_<

I really wish WGR would come up with something else to fill the 10-12 time slot. How hard can it be? I won't listen from 10-12 because I don't like Cowherd's style of saying the same thing over and over again in different words, and because he refuses to discuss hockey. (And college basketball, baseball, and USC aren't that important to me.) If GR had something interesting on during that slot, I'd probably listen to it.

I really wish WGR would come up with something else to fill the 10-12 time slot. How hard can it be? I won't listen from 10-12 because I don't like Cowherd's style of saying the same thing over and over again in different words, and because he refuses to discuss hockey. (And college basketball, baseball, and USC aren't that important to me.) If GR had something interesting on during that slot, I'd probably listen to it.

I'm sure you've heard the local fill in guys they use during trade deadline/other big Sabres an Bills news. Not sure why they don't do that full time.

I remember when the NFL owners signed the CBA and he was killing Ralphie for voting against it. Ralphie's main reason for voting against it was that he didnt understand it and thought the owners should have taken some time to think it out. Cowherd made all the usual age jokes etc. I guess Ralph was right.

At the time, Eric Kuselius was the afternoon/drive-time host on ESPN radio. He was the ONLY ONE (again, probably just to get ratings) to give Ralph some credit. Ralph may have sounded like a codgery old fool when he said he didn't understand it, but EK actually praised him. Kuselius' point was that when you have 45 minutes to try and understand a legally-binding proposal that affects how your business is run for the next X-number of years, there's no way you should agree to it. There's no time to fully understand it, even if your lawyers all look at it right then & there.

Archived