The Core's time

PASabreFan

Last night's "effort" from the "top 6" was pathetic. Connolly, Pommer and Vanek were invisible. $17MM for those 3? And that's how they show up after a 2-week vacation? Ridiculous. There's been quite a bit of complaining here about Roy, and plenty of it from me, but he was the only one of the top 6 who looked to me like he gave a hoot last night.

I'm not expecting much today, but I am expecting this: if this keeps up, the Sabres will get smoked in the 1st round, and Darcy will be fired -- and that will be the right outcome. If he wants to stick with this group, fine, but he's accountable for the results.

Roy averaged 30 goals over the last two years and he has a very reasonable contract in terms of cap hit. IMHO, Pommer and Vanek and their combined $12+ million is a killer. No team in the league would want those contracts. Does Pommer even realized there is such thing as a wrist shot? Why does he always have to wind up over his head just to watch 90% of his slap shots get blocked?!

Roy averaged 30 goals over the last two years and he has a very reasonable contract in terms of cap hit. IMHO, Pommer and Vanek and their combined $12+ million is a killer. No team in the league would want those contracts. Does Pommer even realized there is such thing as a wrist shot? Why does he always have to wind up over his head just to watch 90% of his slap shots get blocked?!

I could not agree more that it is put up ship out time for this group. I am beginning to be thorughly disgusted with this team. A promising start has led to yet another swoon that will put them in danger of missing the playoffs when they should be comepting for first place behind one of the league's best goalies. The effort last night was pathetic. Hard to watch this team without concluding it lack's heart, leadership, and desire. They are going nowhere with this group and its time to make changes, although I am positive that Reiger will do nothing dramatic (if anything at all) today. Time to hang on for another nail biting race for the 8th playoff spot!

You are correct about Roy, but that is the biggest problem with the FAB 5. One game Roy looks great and the others look like #%^$#!. The next game Vanek looks great and the rest look look like #%^$#! and on and on and on....

I agree, and accordingly would be fine shipping out any of them (although I'd like to hold onto Vanek)

I can't imagine a scenario where this happens. They could lose every game the rest of the season by 5 goals or more and I still don't see this happening.

Well, you're certainly not the only one who thinks this, but I think a 3rd disappointing year in a row will get him canned.

I really didn't expect any of the FAB 5 to be traded today(maybe Stafford), but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be broken up come this summer.

If you mean traded or let go ok, but if you mean just breaking up the lines, I think they should have changed those a while ago.

I think the Sabres' window is open right now. If Miller can continue to play like a Vezina winner, the organization owes it to the team to move as much as possible to make sure they get into the dance. Every time you get in the playoffs, anything can happen. They are dangerously close to not making it. Yes, that 11 point lead can evaporate just as quickly as their 13 point lead on Ottawa did.

I say move any of the top 6 forwards. Get some toughness and character in return. Stafford's gotta go. Vanek can go too, but his contract is hanging around his neck like an albatross so we're stuck with him.

Reiger should be trying to move bigger pieces, as opposed to making rinkydink deals.

Thats the problem, I don't think Regier has ever made a "Blockbuster" deal in his career. Everything is a Rinkydink deal at the time, with "potential". Trade some dead weight and picks for some other Dead weight with potential and hope the change in scenario will occur in the last couple weeks of the season before you give up on them and let them walk

Thats the problem, I don't think Regier has ever made a "Blockbuster" deal in his career. Everything is a Rinkydink deal at the time, with "potential". Trade some dead weight and picks for some other Dead weight with potential and hope the change in scenario will occur in the last couple weeks of the season before you give up on them and let them walk

That is why Regier makes the coffee and is not allowed to drink it. Coffee is for finishers only. :thumbsup:

Archived