Dominic Moore traded again for a 2nd rounder

Two or less

Don't forget that he was injured while he was here. Not that I would have given a second-round pick for him twice, but he would have been a fine replacement for Kennedy if they had sent him down. He's very strong on faceoffs, a great PKer, defensively responsible, feisty and OK offensively (again, he had a fractured wrist the whole time that he was here and I can remember many times that he gave Max a nice feed only to have miss.)

I must of missed that.

I think I missed it too. How is giving a 2nd round pick, which was never yours to begin with overpaying? The Sabres didn't even lose their own draft pick when they acquired Moore. The pick the Sabres sent to Moore was the pick the Sabres acquired in the Kotalik trade from Edmonton. Edmonton received the 2nd round pick from Carolina in the three way deal that sent Cole back to Carolina, Justin Williams to Los Angeles, and Patrick O'Sullivan to Edmonton. Frankly, I'm not even 100% sure that second round pick was Carolina's original pick to begin with. I think they may have acquired that in a previous trade as well. So, at the end of the day, giving up a second round pick, which probably originally belonged to San Jose and was traded through 5 different teams to acquire Dominic Moore probably wasn't that bad of a deal in my humble opinion.

Don't forget that he was injured while he was here. Not that I would have given a second-round pick for him twice, but he would have been a fine replacement for Kennedy if they had sent him down. He's very strong on faceoffs, a great PKer, defensively responsible, feisty and OK offensively (again, he had a fractured wrist the whole time that he was here and I can remember many times that he gave Max a nice feed only to have miss.)

For a guy with 8 goals and 9 assists this season and a career best 13 goals last season. A 2nd rounder again? I'd say it was overpayment.

Archived