GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

After looking back at the highlights I wonder why there isn't bigger talk about Myers play on Max at the end of regulation. Considering Max turned him inside-out the first go around. The kid used his reach and made a great play when Max was face to face with Miller. That play possibly was the reason they got two points.

Good point. I saw Max going into that crazy wide-spread dangle pose that he takes with less than ten seconds right in front and thought, "oh God, he's going to score." How bad would that have tasted? Then, suddenly, the puck was going the other way. I remembered to breath again shortly after that. :blush:

Good point. I saw Max going into that crazy wide-spread dangle pose that he takes with less than ten seconds right in front and thought, "oh God, he's going to score." How bad would that have tasted? Then, suddenly, the puck was going the other way. I remembered to breath again shortly after that. :blush:

Myers took the puck away from him with his freaky reach, FU Max says the tree sized rookie......... :beer:

Great comeback win for the 2nd game in a row, but the slow starts have to be very troubling for Lindy.

They have to be, its weird with how well they are play besides the terrible starts, Lindy should start the next game with the grinder line, Grier, the Goose and Mair and just let them go mash some guys.

I remember feeling quite puckered as Max was going to the net, as well.

I know, it was getting deja vu all over again from the previous game at home this season

It's a positive sign that Myers wasn't going to be hung out to dry by Max again, he learned his lesson the first time around. The kid did have a rough first couple of periods before regaining his composure and swagger with the puck when coming out of the zone.

Nice to see Connolly playing with the old chip on his shoulder again. He's been a pretty scrappy dude throughout his career, so I'm guessing the past month or so when he suddenly turned soft he must have been dealing with an injury of some sort. Anyway, good to see Timmy back again hitting, scrapping and scoring. :thumbsup:

I won't bother repeating the last debate over this claim (which, AFAICT, you are the only poster on this board maintaining), but I will call BS on it for the record.

He still doesn't battle for the puck on the boards, and he didn't tonight.

I must disagree here. To me it seems like the forecheck is Jochen's whole game (and the PK, I suppose). It certainly isn't making nifty plays with the puck once retrieved from the boards.

After looking back at the highlights I wonder why there isn't bigger talk about Myers play on Max at the end of regulation. Considering Max turned him inside-out the first go around. The kid used his reach and made a great play when Max was face to face with Miller. That play possibly was the reason they got two points.

Maybe because it was almost impossible to see Myers' stick actually touching the puck or Max's stick? Not trying to be flippant -- I think it did happen, and that it was indeed a great, and clutch, play, but visually it wasn't compelling.

I must disagree here. To me it seems like the forecheck is Jochen's whole game (and the PK, I suppose). It certainly isn't making nifty plays with the puck once retrieved from the boards.

His forecheck is ok. His work on the boards in the offensive zone is freaking horrible.

Don't forget bad-angle, backhand goals; he must lead the league in those.

His forecheck is ok. His work on the boards in the offensive zone is freaking horrible.

Well, maybe I'm using the wrong word -- when I say "forecheck," I'm thinking of the guy who chases it in the dump-and-chase and mucks it up with the opposing defensemen along the boards in order to dig it out. I see that as Hecht's strength. The problem is that once he digs it out, he is generally incapable of making either a good shot or a good pass.

Well, maybe I'm using the wrong word -- when I say "forecheck," I'm thinking of the guy who chases it in the dump-and-chase and mucks it up with the opposing defensemen along the boards in order to dig it out.

When forechecking, the other team has the puck and you want it back ... in their zone.

Edit: this can include the dump-and-chase.

Well, maybe I'm using the wrong word -- when I say "forecheck," I'm thinking of the guy who chases it in the dump-and-chase and mucks it up with the opposing defensemen along the boards in order to dig it out. I see that as Hecht's strength. The problem is that once he digs it out, he is generally incapable of making either a good shot or a good pass.

Forechecking is Jochen's STRENGTH? One of the softest players in the NHL, who regularly shies away from contact and loses every battle along the glass, is a great forechecker...

He has been a bit more physical the past few games, but wow. Just, wow.

YTG. :worthy:

Archived