Biron for St. Louis or Richards

puma2577

I'm on record as stating that I'd prefer to keep Biron and to keep the forwards undisturbed. That acknowledged, St. Louis for Biron would be a major exception to my current thinking. That would be a deal. But do the Sabs really trade Biron in conference?

St. Louis wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather have Kubina. if the Sabres want to add a TB forward, Richards would be the guy, but I'd like to see that only if they are assured he'll resign.

If only that rumor were true. I would take any of those 3 straight up (I know Kubina wasn't part of the rumor) for Marty in a heartbeat. I know it makes forward more cluttered if Martin or Brad were picked up, but that is a problem I am willing to deal with.

I'm on record as stating that I'd prefer to keep Biron and to keep the forwards undisturbed. That acknowledged, St. Louis for Biron would be a major exception to my current thinking. That would be a deal. But do the Sabs really trade Biron in conference?

If you get St. Louis or Richards for him, heck yes!

St. Louis???? in a heartbeat... id take that deal no problem at all.. he's fast and crafty too... imagine him with afinogenov... finally someone who would be able to keep up on the rush not to say the others can't but now afin wouldn't have to stop turn back and wait for forwards to get in position. would fit in perfectly here.

The only problem is the salary of St.Louis. I think it would be way out of whack in comparison to the rest of the players on the Sabres salaries. Regier (rightly so) seems to want a team with everyone getting a relatively similar salary- no huge 'superstar' salaries.

I think the only player on the team you ever pay more than 5 mil a year to, is an all-star goalie. If Miller keeps it up, he's going to be in that league soon.

The only problem is the salary of St.Louis. I think it would be way out of whack in comparison to the rest of the players on the Sabres salaries. Regier (rightly so) seems to want a team with everyone getting a relatively similar salary- no huge 'superstar' salaries.

I think the only player on the team you ever pay more than 5 mil a year to, is an all-star goalie. If Miller keeps it up, he's going to be in that league soon.

If salary is an issue, convert St. Louis into a top 2 D-man (or at least a youthful top 4 at any rate). You probably would not be able to do that w/ Biron (not straight up anyway).

I'm not sure why I'm debating this, as I don't see any validity to this rumor.

Archived