CI & Versus?

McJeff215

I have Direct TV and Center Ice. I just remembered that DTV axed Versus due to legal reasons. So, what happens now when a Sabres game is on Versus? Do I just lose because I don't get that channel, or will it be shown on CI? Anyone know?

Yes you do. Sucker.. Just like me... Plus you get to pay more for CI this season for less games. Wait until the playoffs. Were going to miss a bunch of hockey.

I have Direct TV and Center Ice. I just remembered that DTV axed Versus due to legal reasons. So, what happens now when a Sabres game is on Versus? Do I just lose because I don't get that channel, or will it be shown on CI? Anyone know?

I think they are just going to show the games that are suppose to be shown on Versus on channel 638. I think the phoenix game was suppose to be a versus game but it was still shown on that channel.

I think they are just going to show the games that are suppose to be shown on Versus on channel 638. I think the phoenix game was suppose to be a versus game but it was still shown on that channel.

I'm surprised by this. I would think Vs has an exclusive right to telecast. Are you sure these games will be available on 638? I think were screwed.

Were screwed unless DTV comes to an agreement w/ Versus (comcast owned). I called and bitched and moaned I couldn't watch hockey and that I paid all this money for the CI packasge. I told them that comcast had both versus and CI and they were offering me a sweet deal. Since i am out of the 2 year contract the said they'd credit me $100 and knock off $20 a month for the next 6. I can watch it on the computer I guess. They usually air the versus games on the net.

The Phoenix game was not a Versus game...October 13th against the Red Wings is the first one. DirecTV subscribers with the CI package still won't see the game. We're getting rolled by a big business squabble over pennies on the dollar.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/1367/?tf=nhl_article.tpl

The Phoenix game was not a Versus game...October 13th against the Red Wings is the first one. DirecTV subscribers with the CI package still won't see the game. We're getting rolled by a big business squabble over pennies on the dollar.

^ This

This happens more than you would think, too. I dealt with it last year when the Orlando Magic decided to broadcast half their games on FSN. The 2 local cable companies here decided to get into a cost war with FSN and thus, didn't broadcast those games. Guess who my cable company is? yep, Comcast....

Big businesses squabbling over some change and the customer loses every time. It's basically pick your poison with TV nowadays. You have to find the right fit, take your losses with whatever package works for you, and hope that eventually they're able to work out a deal. It's the American way....

ok thanx sorry about that yeah it really sux !

I am actually on the phone with Time Warner switching back right now...

Goodbye Direct TV

Let me know if you're able to transfer your CI subscription over without paying for it again. I was going to switch last year but wasn't able to get around that. I would have had to have paid the new provider for CI a second time and DTV wasn't about to refund it. If it works for you, I might switch as well. TV is TV. If I'm not getting what I want, to hell with DirectTV. I stopped buying Sunday Ticket three or four years ago when I finally got sick of watching the Bills lose.

Not legal reasons, money... they wanted to charge more for Versus and Versus knows that it would probably kill the channel.

Let me know if you're able to transfer your CI subscription over without paying for it again. I was going to switch last year but wasn't able to get around that. I would have had to have paid the new provider for CI a second time and DTV wasn't about to refund it. If it works for you, I might switch as well. TV is TV. If I'm not getting what I want, to hell with Direct TV. I stopped buying Sunday Ticket three or four years ago when I finally got sick of watching the Bills lose.

I didn't have a center ice subscription....

But Time Warner is paying for my cancellation fee from time warner...up to $150

It's the dish buy back program... Basically I'm going to pay $73.24 a month for 12 months for Digital Cable with HBO, Showtime, & The Movie Channel. It goes up $10 after 12 months for another 12 months. Pretty good deal...

Coaches Corner, Movies on Demand & Local on the 8's > NFL Network

Seriously right now I don't care about NFL Network. And the Bills game is going to be on Ch. 7 anyways for the Loss in Toronto so it doesn't matter =)

Not legal reasons, money... they wanted to charge more for Versus and Versus knows that it would probably kill the channel.

Yeah, they replied with "Comcast forced us to remove Versus." They didn't force you to do anything, it was over a few pennies per subscriber.

Archived