Arguably the best goalie in the NHL?

Claude_Verret

I'd flipflop Luongo and Brodeur. Kipper should be in the top 5. I think Nabokov, Backstrom and Lundqvist deserve consideration, but for me the shine is off Lundy's star a little.

As big a Miller fan as I am, I don't put him in the top-5. I definitely don't have Cam Ward there. I think they're both in that next tier.

I'd like to see Tim put together another good season before I anoint him as a top-5 goalie.

Where was Thomas before Claude Julien became the coach of Boston and they implemented the damned trap? He sucks, nowhere near Miller. He's a trap-system goalie. I'd like to see Miller's numbers if the Sabres went into all trap, all the time mode.

Where was Thomas before Claude Julien became the coach of Boston and they implemented the damned trap? He sucks, nowhere near Miller. He's a trap-system goalie. I'd like to see Miller's numbers if the Sabres went into all trap, all the time mode.

He was playing in the minors until the Bruins needed a goalie and he got a shot. They might play a trap style defense but he isnt like brodeur facing 20 shots a game. Thomas is a legit goalie and makes a lot of crazy saves. I cant see putting Miller up there, no one has even considered Miller for the Vezina and theres a reason why.

I wonder if someone asked who the top five NFL QBs are if the consensus would correlate with QB rating. Because in discussions of who the best goalies are, GAA and save percentage rarely get mentioned. 100 pucks are fired at 30 goalies. I want to know who stopped the most pucks. (Well, I'd rather have a standard league-wide for scoring chances and know how many of 100 scoring chances were stopped, but it's a pipe dream.)

Scoring chances would be a great stat to have. 100 shots with a solid defense in front of you is a lot different than 100 shots with a terrible defense in front of you.

Scoring chances would be a great stat to have. 100 shots with a solid defense in front of you is a lot different than 100 shots with a terrible defense in front of you.

All the teams keep it internally. But I suppose it's "proprietary information" and couldn't be released to the league. Also, how teams define a scoring chance probably varies.

I heard something on the radio this morning and I had to laugh. In announcing Cam Ward's new deal the guy said he is "arguably" the best goalie in the NHL right now. Please. There are maybe three or four goalies on that arguably list in my opinion. Cam Ward and Ryan Miller for that matter aren't among them.

Well Claude you are in Cane land and everyone here is the greatest. Glad to see they have stunbk it up so far

Archived