Travel Challenge for NHL's Canadian Teams

That Aud Smell

Linkelstilsken.

Favorite quote: "It’s obvious the U.S. Department of Transportation doesn’t watch hockey."

(Real hockey talk is just around the corner.)

EDIT: S.S. Admins, could you tweak the topic itle so that it says "Teams"?

U can tweak it yourself, just hit "edit".

AFA the plane thing, it seems the US airlines lobbyists are hard at work. I'd imagine they simply want US teams (like Ducks and Bruins) to use US airlines instead of using Canadian airlines.

I see the point in these times of heightened fear. Having different people getting on an off in different areas could be a concern. Why they don't just have to submit a list to approve for each flight, I don't know. Or strictly enforce that only a set list of people starting out can get on for future flights.

I don't think it's a customs issue. They all get checked and need passports every time the cross the border. It more a "use US airline" issue.

Customs can't do much when it happens away from them.

"The matter was pushed by the U.S. Air Line Pilots Association. It had demanded an investigation of passenger lists on the NHLflights, which found a few examples of injured players, personal trainers and team owners boarding the charter south of the border and departing at another U.S. city in a technical violation of the agreement."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived