Sabres Top 20 Prospects

inkman

Linky

Lots os defensive depth, and Marek Zagrapan is still listed as the Sabres 35th best prospect. :unsure:

Zagrapan is still Sabres property if he comes back. He's not listed as the 35th prospect though. That extra players section at the end is listed in alphabetical order.

Anyway, I read through that think and with all the "this guy should be in Buffalo this year" comments, it seems like the writer thinks there are about 30 roster spots at the NHL level.

Interesting that they don't include Mancari among the Sabres Top 35 prospects. I know he has shown stretches of uninspired and inconsistent play, but he was the only AHL all-star on Portland's roster last season and their leading scorer. Maybe he's too old to qualify now.

Too old, unsigned and pretty much irrelevant.

We've covered Myers, Gerbe, Butler, Kennedy, & Weber pretty thoroughly on this board, and Kassian is just a kid. So, do we think there's any chance Enroth gets a look this year? Perhaps if Lalime sucks and Miller needs a break? (I actually don't think we'll see Enroth, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks otherwise.)

We've covered Myers, Gerbe, Butler, Kennedy, & Weber pretty thoroughly on this board, and Kassian is just a kid. So, do we think there's any chance Enroth gets a look this year? Perhaps if Lalime sucks and Miller needs a break? (I actually don't think we'll see Enroth, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks otherwise.)

Only if there is an injury.

I do think we'll see Enroth this year at some point, even if for only a cameo or two, to get him a little taste of the NHL and prep him for next season as our primary backup. If Lalime plays poorly in pre-season and stinks up his first few regular season starts, and Enroth looks strong in Portland, he could very well be moved up in the 2nd half of this season to become Miller's #2.

I do think we'll see Enroth this year at some point, even if for only a cameo or two, to get him a little taste of the NHL and prep him for next season as our primary backup. If Lalime plays poorly in pre-season and stinks up his first few regular season starts, and Enroth looks strong in Portland, he could very well be moved up in the 2nd half of this season to become Miller's #2.

There's only two options in Portland, Enroth and Lamoureux, both second year pros. When the eventual injury happens (to either of Miller/Lalime), Enroth is clearly first in line. Lamoureux is a bit older though, and I wouldn't be shocked if he surprised a bit with the Pirates this year. He could end up being the better option, but the Sabres would probably still go with Enroth to aid in his development when they do need to make that callup.

There's only two options in Portland, Enroth and Lamoureux, both second year pros. When the eventual injury happens (to either of Miller/Lalime), Enroth is clearly first in line. Lamoureux is a bit older though, and I wouldn't be shocked if he surprised a bit with the Pirates this year. He could end up being the better option, but the Sabres would probably still go with Enroth to aid in his development when they do need to make that callup.

Not that one development camp is any indication, but Lamoureux looked twice as good as Enroth or Eno did. The kid, now 25, has been really overlooked IMHO by a number of clubs. He played with Toews, Oshie, Stafford among others over the years and has a low .9 save %.

Archived