What's gonna happen with Stafford?

nfreeman

Stafford outcome?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The Sabres seem to have accumulated a glut of forwards. They also seem to be over their internal budget limit. Stafford is currently an unsigned RFA and will cost at least $2.5MM. It seems like something has to happen. What's it gonna be?

• Stafford is signed
    • Stafford is traded
    • Stafford is neither signed nor traded and either signs with the KHL or holds out for an extended period

Well, not so coincidentally, Dubinsky just signed an almost identical deal with the Rangers: check it out. Give Darcy credit for setting the market on this one and getting Stafford into camp a week before the Rangers got their guy in -- although outdoing Sather isn't much of an accomplishment.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that contract. Well, that and getting a good laugh at how Dubinsky was looking for 4 years/$16 million and had to settle for 2 years/$3.7 million. Hmmm, who won that game of chicken?

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that contract. Well, that and getting a good laugh at how Dubinsky was looking for 4 years/$16 million and had to settle for 2 years/$3.7 million. Hmmm, who won that game of chicken?

I liked Doobie at the beginning of last season when he was off to a hot start - the problem with him is the same one we have with Stafford.. they are both glaringly inconsistent!

Doobie has a bit of a Kaleta streak in him, and hopefully someday Patty gets up to his level on offense..

Stafford is not a small kid, and throws a pretty mean hipcheck, it's just so rare that when you see it you have to rub your eyes and wait for the replay cos it's once in a blue moon

Archived