Randy Cunnyworth - Next Coach - Thoughts?

Pullup Champ

Just thinking who could light a fire under these underachiever. Short of Torterella, Shoeny comes to mind... He bring back Nolan :w00t: :blush:

Nothing personal. Just can't stand Schoenfeld. Most overrated player and coach in Sabres history.

I wonder how long it would take the Flyers to hire Lindy if he were let go.

It doesn't matter how quickly Lindy would be hired by another team or how successful he would be. If the players aren't responding to him for whatever reason and he is no longer effective here, a change has to be made and they aren't going to change all 25 players.

It doesn't matter how quickly Lindy would be hired by another team or how successful he would be. If the players aren't responding to him for whatever reason and he is no longer effective here, a change has to be made and they aren't going to change all 25 players.

Right on. Some people seem to think of firing Ruff as punishment. It's not. He's been a good coach, although in my opinion, he's in decline. Of course he'll go somewhere else and probably be very successful. It's not happening here any more, so... so what?

I love this line: there's no one better available. Bull. Let's zip 10 years into the future and envision a list of the top NHL coaches. How many of them right now are in the AHL, IHL, junior ranks, college ranks or assistant coaching some NHL team? They're available. Go find one.

I love this line: there's no one better available. Bull. Let's zip 10 years into the future and envision a list of the top NHL coaches. How many of them right now are in the AHL, IHL, junior ranks, college ranks or assistant coaching some NHL team? They're available. Go find one.

It's probably a bit harder to evaluate coaching candidates via video scouting. :oops:

Kevin Dineen? Ottawa had a lot of success after bringing up their AHL coach.

QFT.

Then if they stil don't respond, dump 4-5 of them over the course of next season, and take it from there.

At least then you'll know what the problem is.

Archived