Is Persson?s next stop in Portland

wildcat48

Is Persson?s next stop in Portland

March 23, 2009

Portland, ME ? Could defenseman Dennis Persson be close to joining the Portland Pirates?

The first round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres (24th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft is on his way over to North America after his season with Timra came into an end, losing game seven against HV71 in the first round of the SEL playoffs.

Read the rest of this entry ?

Sabres? first round draft pick to call Portland home

March 24, 2009

Portland, ME ? It?s expected that defenseman Dennis Persson will be wearing a Portland Pirates jersey by this weekend.

Persson, who just completed his season with Timra of the SEL after losing game seven to HV71 in a first round match up, was quoted in a recent Swedish news report indicating he was on his way to Portland and will finish the regular season with the Pirates.

Portland! Persson has landed

March 26, 2009

Portland, ME ? Defenseman Dennis Persson, the Buffalo Sabres first round draft pick (24th overall) in 2006, has finally arrived on the shores of North America and skated with his new teammates in Portland this morning at Portland Ice Arena.

Wearing #39, he skated with Geoff Waugh in practice as the team ran through their various drills.

Archived